Thread: Here is our guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here is our guy

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1536465-6-best-draft-prospects-who-could-fix-steelers-rb-woes/page/7[/url]

Get this guy in the 3rd, and we will be good to go at RB.

If the Steelers decide to eschew the bigger-name running backs from the football-factory universities in search of the next Doug Martin, they would do well to consider Stefphon Jefferson from Nevada. The junior back is coming off a breakout year in which he finished second in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) with 1,883 yards while also adding 24 touchdowns.

As a result, some draft prognosticators are comparing Jefferson to Alfred Morris, who came to the Redskins last year from the lightly regarded Florida Atlantic University. Morris finished second in the NFL in rushing last season with more than 1,600 rushing yards.

At 5’11” and 210 lbs. with a 4.53 40-yard dash time, Jefferson has the physical tools to be a successful NFL running back. His size and speed allowed him to pick up first downs on 53.1 of his third-down carries. Thanks to his power, he was even more effective on third-and-short. With less than three yards to go, Jefferson gained the required yards on 16-of-27 attempts (59.3 percent).

His stats also indicate that he has what it takes to be a workhorse in the NFL. Jefferson gained six percent more yards in the second half of 2012 games than he did in the first halves. Even more striking was the Nevada star’s production in the fourth quarter. After averaging 4.91 yards per carry in the first three quarters of each game, Jefferson ran for 5.68 yards per rush in the final frame.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1536465-6-best-draft-prospects-who-could-fix-steelers-rb-woes/page/7[/URL]

Get this guy in the 3rd, and we will be good to go at RB.
    I watched some clips on youtube and nothing about this kid jumps off the screen. He doesn't look especially fast. Doesn't seem to have the speed to get outside.

He reminds me a little of Redman. Hits the hole fairly quick and gets upfield decisively.

I think he'll last a bit later than the 3rd round. Might have some potential if he's got the stamina to carry the ball 25 times a game and pound the rock.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reckon his first name is close to the RB that fits the Steelers best though.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I still lack Lacy, but I don't know if they will go for a back that early. We could trade down, get and extra pick and still get Lacy. That is what I am hoping for.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like lacy but Im worried about his health. I really like the kid from Wisconsin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All the Lacy people are wanting to buy in at the top of the market... You want to buy low, sell high.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I like lacy but Im worried about his health. I really like the kid from Wisconsin.
    Really? How is Ball any different from what we already have? I'm not sure he is as good as Redman or Dwyer.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I watched some clips on youtube and nothing about this kid jumps off the screen. He doesn't look especially fast. Doesn't seem to have the speed to get outside.

He reminds me a little of Redman. Hits the hole fairly quick and gets upfield decisively.

I think he'll last a bit later than the 3rd round. Might have some potential if he's got the stamina to carry the ball 25 times a game and pound the rock.
    Some think he is very similar to Al Morris, and he worked out pretty well for the Skins. Morris, also didn't jump out as far as having much burst, etc. Just a nice mix of power, balance, OK speed and instincts.