Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should The Steelers Sign Plaxico Burris ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Should The Steelers Sign Plaxico Burris ?

I feel he could help our receiver corps and think the Steelers should consider signing him for one more year. He's not the same receiver as when we drafted him but he brings experience to the table and often draws penalties. I think he could fit in with Haley's offense and be productive.

Still, we will draft another receiver but between Plax and Cotchery, I would prefer they sign Plax.

Legend

User Info Menu

They'll need 1 Vet WR, be it Burress, Cotchery or Breaston, because this WR group is very young in age & maturity.

Of the 3, Breaston probably offers the most on-field assistance. It'll be a money thing. For Chadman, Cotchery is not worth $1.5m. If they could snare Breaston for Vet min- he'd be the pick. otherwise, Chadman would turn to Burress & bring him in on Vet Min.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Cotchery is under contract...Burress is not. If they're interested in Breaston, it'll be Plax who isn't brought back, not Jericho, IMO.

If they don't use Burress any more than they did last year, it wouldn't be worth having him on the roster anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Part of the problem last year with Burress and Cotchery is that neither played special teams, leading to one or the other being deactivated. Plax has some value in a limited role but it's tough to get him into the mix.

I don't know if Breaston plays special teams or not. If he does, you could use Brown-Sanders-Breaston-Plax-Rookie. Depending on the rookie, that could be a versatile group.

I would not make Plaxico a priority, but if there is a way that he can be worked into the rotation and he would take the qualified vet minimum, he could add some value.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like having WR's of different dimensions and skill sets to create matchup issues. Matchup issues are why Plax got 3 pass interference calls, multiple big catches (first downs/ TD), etc. I also like that Plax is a big target for the redzone.....especially since Heath probably won't even play this season.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd rather not have him at all. IMO, both Cotchery and Breaston are marginally better players at this point. If, as reported, locker room attitude is a concern then Plax is just not someone I'd want around even though he's mellowed a lot. My guess is that the money will dictate what happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plaxico offers no leadership to our team which we apparently need.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares if Plax doesn't play ST. He's the best redzone target we have and we should dress him and use him as such because that's our biggest offensive problem.

Worrying about Plax not playing special teams is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Besides we had pretty awful special teams play anyways. Not like the guys we were dressing because of their ST prowess really helped us out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Who cares if Plax doesn't play ST. He's the best redzone target we have and we should dress him and use him as such because that's our biggest offensive problem.

Worrying about Plax not playing special teams is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Besides we had pretty awful special teams play anyways. Not like the guys we were dressing because of their ST prowess really helped us out.
    A young TE drafted in Round 1 or 2 would be a better red zone target for 2013 and beyond. Especially if their names are Ertz or Eifert.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    A young TE drafted in Round 1 or 2 would be a better red zone target for 2013 and beyond. Especially if their names are Ertz or Eifert.
    yeah, but wouldn't it make it even better if you had TWO redzone targets?