Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Antonio Brown the latest to describe a divided Steeler locker room last season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said nothing about wallace. That was you.

keep spinning.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Because the question I asked was not about that. You changed the subject not me. You initial assetions was I had a different standard for Wallace and Brown and then you interjected Clark which had nothing to do with Wallace and Brown.

I'll just assume you won't answer the question.
    That is hilarious

Administrator

User Info Menu

Our leaders were provided by Cowher's players. Now that they are gone, we really don't have any... including Roethlisberger.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Our leaders were provided by Cowher's players. Now that they are gone, we really don't have any... including Roethlisberger.
    Yeah, basically Hines Ward said the same thing in a article I read @ Steeler depot. He said the locker room is in disarray and commented on leadership being an issue. Colbert has a different opinion but I would think Hines is right on this matter.
    Hines and Farrior were good leaders of that team, so now someone else has to emerge to get that locker room squared away. I thought Ryan Clark could be that guy but apparently the players aren't taking his advice seriously.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB Admits There Was 'Awkwardness' With Mike Wallace

Brown was asked last Wednesday on 98.7 ESPN Radio New York if there was any awkwardness between he and Wallace in the locker room last season because he was the receiver that received the new contract.

"Some bit of awkwardness," said Brown. "You know, a guy who had been there longer than I and definitely wanting a deal, but you gotta not dwell on that and that kind of situation prohibits bad blood to a team where guys are there for themselves, and not buy into the team aspects and could definitely cause a drama within a team."

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If only some posters would leave, it would be addition through subtraction...
    Then get on up and get out of here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think Ben is ever worse than a non-leader; he is a fake leader. Non-leaders just don't lead; they just do their job and don't say much. Fake leaders act in front of the cameras on game day but they players know it's fake, making it worse than a guy who doesn't say anything. Bonehead Ben is a known clown. The players do not respect him, period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown: 'Awkwardness' with Mike Wallace

FEB 26
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown told ESPN last week that there was a division in the Steelers' locker room. Then he told ESPN Radio in New York that his relationship with wide receiver Mike Wallace wasn't exactly perfect after he signed a six-year, $43 million contract during Wallace's holdout last summer.

Asked if there was awkwardness between himself and Wallace last season, Brown said, “Some bit of awkwardness. You know, a guy who has been there longer than I and definitely wanting a deal, but you've got to not dwell on that and that kind of situation prohibits bad blood to a team where guys are there for themselves, and not buy into the team aspects and could definitely cause a drama within a team.”

Could Brown's comments on a divided locker room and Wallace be related? Quite possibly. When Brown said some players weren't on the same page last season, one assumption is he was talking about Wallace, whose contract was on the forefront of his mind.

Just think that a contract could get in the way of the self-proclaimed "Young Money Crew." Tragic. The Steelers won't have to worry about Wallace much longer because it's expected that he'll sign elsewhere when free agency begins next month.

Brown, though, wasn't done describing a lackadaisical Steelers team that finished 8-8 last year, with half of those losses coming to teams with losing records.

"I think guys were going out there thinking, ‘We are the Steelers and we just going to roll into games,’" Brown said. "But we've got to take poise and leadership and understand the importance of winning games and getting on it and taking it seriously and get on with what we've got to do."

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/73056/brown-awkwardness-with-mike-wallace[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha