Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown the latest to describe a divided Steeler locker room last season

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It doesn't matter to me how great he looks. Will he be able to start actually scoring TD's? We really need him to start scoring points.
    He scored 5 TDs in 13 games last year...

If he can stay healthy, that would be 6-7 TDs...I'll take it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

So with Wallace gone, and Brown moving over to fill the spot- which rookie WR best fits the needs of the Steelers?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

It's funny, because with that production many here labeled Wallace a slacker. Perhaps we'll get some help in the draft, but there are so many needs I hate to waste a spot on a WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's funny, because with that production many here labeled Wallace a slacker. Perhaps we'll get some help in the draft, but there are so many needs I hate to waste a spot on a WR.
    Wallace was labeled a slacker due to numerous pathetic efforts on underthrown balls, not to mention far too many drops earlier in the season. TD's have zero to do with turning, seeing the ball underthrown with plenty of time to make a play for it, but instead watching the DB easily knock it away or intercept it as you stand there watching...and in one instance make a pathetic attempt to tackle the guy after the interception.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's funny, because with that production many here labeled Wallace a slacker.
    Slacker? No...

Not worth $10+ million per year? Sure...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    so very predictable. Everything is wallaces fault.

when ryan clark spoke up about locker room issues, you criticized him harshly. Why not the same for antonio brown? Different rules for different "replaceable carbon units" perhaps?
    Just as predictable as you taking issue with it because of your obsession with Wallace as if we never had a WR until he came along and we should pay him whatever he wants because of what other teams have paid WRs who are far better than he is.

And yes there are different rules because one player has committed to the team after the other refused to.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-21-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    So with Wallace gone, and Brown moving over to fill the spot- which rookie WR best fits the needs of the Steelers?
    Cordarelle Patterson
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

If only some posters would leave, it would be addition through subtraction...
    It's going to be a long off-season....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Cordarelle Patterson
    But Cordarelle Patterson isn't a short route, possession type WR. He'd be better served playing Wallace's position. But that is where Brown is to be moved. Not sure that Patterson's skills are best used in Brown's old role.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just as predictable as you taking issue with it because of your obsession with Wallace as if we never had a WR until he came along and we should pay him whatever he wants because of what other teams have paid WRs who are far better than he is.

And yes there are different rules because one player has committed to the team after the other refused to.
    I hate to break this to you ovi, but the obsession with wallace lies with you.

I just find it amusing and hypocritical that you bash other players for certain things while others get a pass for doing the exact same thing. If you can't see the problem there then I don't know what to tell you. And the player I mentioned was ryan clark making comments in the press, but somehow you turned it around on wallace again. Obsession.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 02-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.