Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Steelers Offered Wallace $7 million Per Season...

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Steelers Offered Wallace $7 million Per Season...

    ... according to Peter King.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...franchise-tag/

    I thought that Stevie Johnson was a decent comp for Wallace due to the fact that he was not a UFA, and he got a bit more than that.

  2. #2
    And for more on Wallace, here is a report that he will be Miami's top target:

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,5495647.story

    I hope that Wallace gets a huge deal. The more he is paid, the better chance the Steelers have of getting a third round comp pick.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I hope that Wallace gets a huge deal. The more he is paid, the better chance the Steelers have of getting a third round comp pick.
    I fully agree. And the same goes for Keenan Lewis...if we aren't going to come to an agreement with him I hope someone pays him a lot. Mendenhall as well.

    If we could somehow pry those two second round picks, plus a 3rd or 4th from Miami, for our pick at 17 I would jump for joy.
    @_Hellgrammite

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,963
    Yep blame Wallace when the Steelers low balled him, but Fat boy get A60 million dollar deal. What happened to the alleged 10 million per.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Yep blame Wallace when the Steelers low balled him, but Fat boy get A60 million dollar deal. What happened to the alleged 10 million per.
    Or perhaps despite the "man love" from some fans the organization realized that Wallace has a very perishable skillset given one injury eliminates pretty much the only thing he does excel in and that is run fast.

    Perhaps because they are in close contact with him day in and day out they sensed that maybe he was a prima dona who if he didn't get his way would "lose focus" or put and give less than full effort.

    Or perhaps they made it very clear that they would not negotiate if he held out and got the sense despite everyone in the world knowing how they do business he would do exactly the opposite of what they asked him to do.

    Or perhaps they were simply using standard negotiating tactics of establishing a base from which to negotiate from however when Wallace did exactly what they told him not to do and not show up negotiations could not continue.

    After what they saw in 2012 I think they were pretty much right on the money.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or perhaps despite the "man love" from some fans the organization realized that Wallace has a very perishable skillset given one injury eliminates pretty much the only thing he does excel in and that is run fast.

    Perhaps because they are in close contact with him day in and day out they sensed that maybe he was a prima dona who if he didn't get his way would "lose focus" or put and give less than full effort.

    Or perhaps they made it very clear that they would not negotiate if he held out and got the sense despite everyone in the world knowing how they do business he would do exactly the opposite of what they asked him to do.

    Or perhaps they were simply using standard negotiating tactics of establishing a base from which to negotiate from however when Wallace did exactly what they told him not to do and not show up negotiations could not continue.

    After what they saw in 2012 I think they were pretty much right on the money.

    So if 2012 is proof they got Wallace right, is it also proof they got Brown wrong?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    So if 2012 is proof they got Wallace right, is it also proof they got Brown wrong?
    Why, because he got hurt? That's like saying they made a mistake with Ben because he got hurt last year and then wasn't 100% after that. Do you think Brown was 100% when he came back. How many big returns were called back because of penalties. Something Wallace seemed in capable of doing despite his supposed otherworldly speed. They signed the more complete player as Brown's over 2,000 yards in combined yardage proved in 2011. They signed the player they wanted long term and it will prove to be the right decision.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why, because he got hurt? That's like saying they made a mistake with Ben because he got hurt last year and then wasn't 100% after that. Do you think Brown was 100% when he came back. How many big returns were called back because of penalties. Something Wallace seemed in capable of doing despite his supposed otherworldly speed. They signed the more complete player as Brown's over 2,000 yards in combined yardage proved in 2011. They signed the player they wanted long term and it will prove to be the right decision.

    Or.... the Steelers signed a guy based on 1 year's production, then after signing watched his production & impact dip significantly, while mental errors & ball control issues arose in his game.

    2 sides of every coin.

    And if you are going to use the "Wallace could get injured & therefore isn't worth the contract money" line, you can't absolve Brown because he... got injured.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why, because he got hurt? That's like saying they made a mistake with Ben because he got hurt last year and then wasn't 100% after that. Do you think Brown was 100% when he came back. How many big returns were called back because of penalties. Something Wallace seemed in capable of doing despite his supposed otherworldly speed. They signed the more complete player as Brown's over 2,000 yards in combined yardage proved in 2011. They signed the player they wanted long term and it will prove to be the right decision.
    Because of the teams investment in Brown, I hope your right. So far, the jury is definitely out.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    If Wallace can make up to $5 Mil more per year AND work in a tax friendly state like FL he would be crazy to even talk to the Steelers anymore. Sure, the 'phins will probably not sniff a playoff game in the next 5 years, but you never know...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •