Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foote in Contract Talks per Bouchette

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    "Money issue?" Really Larry? How many teams do you think will be knocking down the door to sign you. Didn't you learn your lesson once already going to Detroit? I really hope the FO isn't wasting more than about a minute dealing with any "demands" Laryy has. Should be as simple as here it is, yes or no! If no, then move on.
    Ovi, I didn't take it as Foote making demands. It read more like there had been some talks, and he wasn't quite sure what was going on. The quote (which I didn't provide before) was "[the Steelers] and my agent have been talking back and forth. I guess it's a money thing right now."

That could mean anything. A cap issue, the agent is trying to get a better deal (as he should), etc. This wasn't Foote coming out and demanding a huge payday.

I agree, if he has crazy demands, they should let him test the market. I think Foote has value, but not much more than the vet minimum, if any.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He has about the same leverage that Wallace had last year at this time...not much...

Today, 05:23 PMsupersteeler
    I'm thinking he'll accept a lower salary than what he makes now but not the minimum. He has a little leverage in the fact we have no one to play now as it stands. Sylvester isn't the answer and Spence is a question mark for now.

I think if Spence could of played last season even in spot duty he would be prepared to play now. With that said, the Steelers don't have many options beside signing Foote.
    He won't demand an amount they can't pay, so I think the two sides will work something out. He can groom next years starting LB whoever that may be. Out of all the players that could be gone he is the one most likely to stay. Stay tuned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Larry will get paid more than he is worth. He isn't stupid, he knows the Steelers have no real options besides him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow. You guys amaze me at how quickly you forget.

Do you realize Foote had more tackles than guys like Ray Lewis, Demeco Ryans, Lawrence Timmons, Sean Weatherspoon?

C[mon man. Foote isn't a superstar but he represented good value for his contributions, which is a LOT more than we can say about a few others on the defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would expect a little more than the veteran minimum for Larry Foote as the team really has no choice but to lock him up for 2013. They cant know what they have in Spence and Sylvester will obviously never be more than a special teams contributor. I still think the team invests in an ILB early in the draft which would supply them with a ton of depth in the middle. Plus then they can take something other than ILB in round 1. Although I still think Minter would make the front 7 elite again, with ir without JH.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't surprise Chadman if they are looking at a 2 year deal for Foote, with Spence not likely to be back to 100% this season, the Steelers might not know until the end of 2013, or beginning of 2014 if Spence can be counted on. A 2 year deal lets Foote come in, relatively cheap, and hold the spot for the year, then get played out of the starting spot in 2014 by either the healthy Spence, or if the Steelers give up on him, an early ILB draft pick- next year.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is a link to the article:

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-foote-bids-to-get-deal-for-2013-676112/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmmm...Retaining Foote would tell me the Steelers haven't given up on Spence and an early round pick won't be a target for them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Hmmm...Retaining Foote would tell me the Steelers haven't given up on Spence and an early round pick won't be a target for them.
    That'd make 2 of us..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Really? They had Foote last year and Hightower was going to be the pick. I'm a Spence fan and I hope he becomes the starter but I don't think the Foote signing is any indication. If Foote is signed for anything over 1 year, it's a bad signing.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.