Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams Sets Sights higher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Adams Sets Sights higher

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Adams-sets-his-sights-high/6339bc3b-ecc4-4e32-9e45-11b9434200bf[/url]

He prefers to play LT, and maybe he would be the better player between him and Gilbert to play that position. It sure sounds like he's committed to improving his game so we'll find out when the competition begins at training camp.
    Getting solid play from our LT position will be a big plus not only protecting Ben but developing our Line into a strong unit of our team.

Legend

User Info Menu

He just wants to get paid.

Adams is better suited at RT and I prefer Gilby at LT. I wish these guys were more team focused than me focused. We never hear any guys talking team first anymore.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Adams is better suited at RT and I prefer Gilby at LT. I wish these guys were more team focused than me focused. We never hear any guys talking team first anymore.
    I hear ya Flip, but Adams did say he is willing to play anywhere he is needed which would help the team. They both want to play that position so it should be better competiton in camp and the preseason to see who is the best candidate. Personally I have no preference, I just want to see a healthy O-line for crying out loud, we haven't had that for what the last three years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I hear ya Flip, but Adams did say he is willing to play anywhere he is needed which would help the team. They both want to play that position so it should be better competiton in camp and the preseason to see who is the best candidate. Personally I have no preference, I just want to see a healthy O-line for crying out loud, we haven't had that for what the last three years?
    True. It was more of the writer talking about LT than Adams. I read too fast to catch that at first. I hate these writers sometimes

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care who plays on what side. What I care about is that they are both motivated to battle for the positions and raise their collective performance as a result.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would prefer neither one at either position. Two undermotivated sloppy players as our bookends?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would prefer neither one at either position. Two undermotivated sloppy players as our bookends?
    I kind of agree... but I'm willing to give Adams another year before declaring him sloppy and under motivated. Gilbert? That dude will end up getting released by the end of next year. He isn't built for the NFL. Physically he has it but mentally he is soft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You said it, Shawn.
    People might say, "You guys are like the Bustamalu crowd way back when..." That's NOT the case. Gilbert and especially Adams have game tape going back to college. Guys with this level of supposed athleticism should stand out on the college level--no ifs, ands, or buts. (Whereas a guy like Polamalu dominated college, so anyone with half a brain could excuse any adjustment period he had to make.)

Adams is a bum. In the off-season, he will say the right things (like he apparently did, to convince the brass to pick him after getting busted for GOING TO THE COMBINE HIGH. WHAT F'N IDIOT WOULD DO THAT? I'll tell you who--Adams.) But when push comes to shove, he lacks mental toughness. Same probably with Gilbert. (I have higher hopes for him though, for some reason.) You see guys like Adams come out all the time--major D1 talent, doesn't dominate in college, and come draft time--people mitigate that in some way. He is what he is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You said it, Shawn.
    People might say, "You guys are like the Bustamalu crowd way back when..." That's NOT the case. Gilbert and especially Adams have game tape going back to college. Guys with this level of supposed athleticism should stand out on the college level--no ifs, ands, or buts. (Whereas a guy like Polamalu dominated college, so anyone with half a brain could excuse any adjustment period he had to make.)

Adams is a bum. In the off-season, he will say the right things (like he apparently did, to convince the brass to pick him after getting busted for GOING TO THE COMBINE HIGH. WHAT F'N IDIOT WOULD DO THAT? I'll tell you who--Adams.) But when push comes to shove, he lacks mental toughness. Same probably with Gilbert. (I have higher hopes for him though, for some reason.) You see guys like Adams come out all the time--major D1 talent, doesn't dominate in college, and come draft time--people mitigate that in some way. He is what he is.
    What is odd is the Steelers rarely make this mistake. The tape on Adams tells a tale of a guy with all the tools, and never put it together.
    Last edited by Shawn; 02-19-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is odd is the Steelers rarely make this mistake. The tape on Adams tells a tell of a guy with all the tools, and never put it together.
    Maybe Colbert smoked a little weed with him before he made the pick...