Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robinson: Manti Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe he wasn't after the "best Midwestern co-ed 'tang?" Maybe "she" was someone he connected with, had cultural familiarity with and was safer than the girls around him?

To me, the tape from the Alabama game might be more troublesome than this episode.
    The Alabama game is a concern... the story has died down a bit but it will gain traction once the combine hits. I would be a little concerned with the blowback if we drafted him and he struggled. It would be a circus of epic proportions if he doesnt pan out.

I definitely thought he was in on it but after seeing Ronaih give his interview.... nah. The only thing I think Te'o is guilty of is embellishing how great their love was once the story kept getting rehashed. I dont think the risk is worth the reward and he is going to have the Tebow type media where everything but his game on the field is the focal point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would be happy with several players at 1:17.

manti teo isn't one of them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Man, the power of media is so powerful... it makes you realize why our world can be so f'd up (i.e. corrupted). Those condoning drafting this scumbag (and FTR... before it all came out, I was driving the Draft Manti Te'o bandwagon) want to believe that a virile 20-year old kid... who could snap his fingers and have the best Midwestern co-ed 'tang at ND at his beck & call... would fall in love ("the love of his life") with a girl he never even saw in-person or touched (intimately or not)??? Are you serious?

The guy is a charlatan; I'm sure he is a pawn to a certain extant (i.e. maybe his father pulled the strings, etc.) But to act like he is some innocent little dupe at this point and that we should entertain taking him anywhere in the first couple rounds... is laughable if it didn't involve my favorite football team.
    The media is powerful...it's made you hate someone that you've never even met...

Legend

User Info Menu

Not completely against Te'o, but not sure ILB is the direction the Steelers go.

IF the Steelers want ILB, Te'o certainly is a player. But if they don't chose one in Round 1.... what does everyone think of Penn St's Michael Mauti?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mauti has been a tackling machine, instinctive,smart, a high character guy and strong leader. His knee injuries are a concern. Gerald Hodges would be a consideration, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

he has no upside and he is either a liar or stupid..............no thanks to all three

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kiko can play, but he also has some character issues in his past.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

please no

concentrate on helping the offense in the early rounds and its 20 something ranking

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    please no

concentrate on helping the offense in the early rounds and its 20 something ranking
    This. We have more important things to do, like score in the redzone. No more headcases in the Black & Gold. Sweed was enough.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...I definitely thought he was in on it but after seeing Ronaih give his interview.... nah.
    But that is what you usually do here felt. Quick to judge and cast as wrong without even really knowing what the whole story is. You talked about how the media hyped this kid up to the point of over-hyping him as a player and yet you yourself sucked up all the media had about this fake girlfriend story to the point of pre-judging him yourself. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The only thing I think Te'o is guilty of is embellishing how great their love was once the story kept getting rehashed.....
    Yeah...that is such a horrible crime.

I'd take Te'o at 17 in a heart-beat. I love Kevin Minter but I still believe that Te'o is a bit more rounded now that he has improved in the pass coverage.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash