Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Robinson: Manti Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, this video that's posted might give us some info. about someone else besides this discussion on Teo....

Ray Graham looks like a heck of a RB. And being he is already in Pittsburgh, they can looky looky all they want without any visits, etc..... This guy looks impressive in this ND game. Looks like he had a bad 40 time at the Combine. Maybe in the 6th round...
    Last edited by pfelix73; 02-25-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

This was the first game Graham looked like he trusted his knee... I would take him in a heartbeat if he was there in the 5th

Legend

User Info Menu

T'eo ran a 4.8 and 4.81 40 yards dash. Is he still in Round 1?

I've said all along that T'eo = Rey Malagua(sp?) from the Bumgals and USC. He had all the hype until after the draft and went in top of Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I've said all along that T'eo = Rey Malagua(sp?) from the Bumgals and USC. He had all the hype until after the draft and went in top of Round 2.
    I think Larry Foote ran a 4.8. Another highly productive college player who was small and slow. I seriously see Foote in Teo. I think he can be a good solid player. But he should be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Larry Foote ran a 4.8. Another highly productive college player who was small and slow. I seriously see Foote in Teo. I think he can be a good solid player. But he should be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.
    I'd still take him in a heart-beat. He is a football player. And in my opinion he is way better than Larry Foote.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he is firmly settling into Round 2.

He will probably end up like Paul Posluzny and Sean Lee--decent ILB but nothing special.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he is firmly settling into Round 2.

He will probably end up like Paul Posluzny and Sean Lee--decent ILB but nothing special.
    I disagree. I believe he will still go in the first round. You cannot deny what he did on the football field. And I believe he will be a special player in the NFL. But if you want to be gaga over guys who have great speed, and great work outs, but didnt do much on the field like Barkevious Mingo, cool.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I disagree. I believe he will still go in the first round. You cannot deny what he did on the football field. And I believe he will be a special player in the NFL. But if you want to be gaga over guys who have great speed, and great work outs, but didnt do much on the field like Barkevious Mingo, cool.
    I think there's gotta be a balance between production and athleticism. Add in the mental and pain tolerance/threshold and some guys are gonna overcome deficiencies. But it's not so easy.

I do think Teo will go in round 1. I wouldn't pick him, but someone will. Denver took Tim Tebow in the first round. So someone's gonna take a chance on a kid with this much production and hype.

On the similar note, Tebow's supporters pointed to his production. And his detractors pointed to his arm.

I also see the NFL changing and think it would be better to have 2 ILBs with Timmons' skillset. I personally like Spence so much, that I'd be completely ok with sticking with Foote as a stop gap. See what Spence can do. And then draft an ILB next year depending on how Spence pans out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think there's gotta be a balance between production and athleticism. Add in the mental and pain tolerance/threshold and some guys are gonna overcome deficiencies. But it's not so easy.

I do think Teo will go in round 1. I wouldn't pick him, but someone will. Denver took Tim Tebow in the first round. So someone's gonna take a chance on a kid with this much production and hype.

On the similar note, Tebow's supporters pointed to his production. And his detractors pointed to his arm.

I also see the NFL changing and think it would be better to have 2 ILBs with Timmons' skillset. I personally like Spence so much, that I'd be completely ok with sticking with Foote as a stop gap. See what Spence can do. And then draft an ILB next year depending on how Spence pans out.
    Look at T'eo two years ago. They used him differently. He was attacking and coming forward. This year they had him drop in coverage more and he had 7 INT's but two years ago he had 13.5 tackles for loss. Think about that. He is lined up inside 7 yards off the line of scrimmage and he is getting 13.5 tackles for loss? That shows you he plays faster than he times and it shows football quickness. Same with Kevin Minter who had a eye popping 15 tackles for loss this past year. Instincts and quickness are far more important than front line speed for an ILB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with your assessment.