Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Robinson: Manti Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple

Backup

User Info Menu

^ What Flippy said! An NFL scout on the Combine panel yesterday said that Te'o isn't an impact player and really isn't a 1st round talent... maybe top of the second somewhere... He said he's no Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Von Miller etc etc... That #17 pick has to be a no miss impact player this year...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

T'eo will be a starting ILB in the NFL, but only an average one. He isn't going to be an impact player. A few years from now, we will barely realize he is still in the league. He will probably be like a Rey Maualuga or so. Nothing special. Not worthy of a 17th pick over all. We need a pro bowl level player at that pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    T'eo will be a starting ILB in the NFL, but only an average one. He isn't going to be an impact player. A few years from now, we will barely realize he is still in the league. He will probably be like a Rey Maualuga or so. Nothing special. Not worthy of a 17th pick over all. We need a pro bowl level player at that pick.
    I disagree! I think he will be a great one and a perennial pro bowler.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I disagree! I think he will be a great one and a perennial pro bowler.
    Agree with you. I think he's gonna be great one. He's gonna not only be a great football player but will be the same in doing philanthropy in what ever city he lives in. I have this feeling he's gonna end up on the Bears roster and will be the next Urlacher.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Agree with you. I think he's gonna be great one. He's gonna not only be a great football player but will be the same in doing philanthropy in what ever city he lives in. I have this feeling he's gonna end up on the Bears roster and will be the next Urlacher.
    Helllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no. You are kidding, right? Urlacher is huge with sprinter's speed. Te'o is a little guy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All of you who are saying you don't care about the girlfriend stuff... I hope you were for drafting Lawrence Phillips, Vontaze Burfict, Pac-Man Jones, Janoris Jenkins, Alonzo Spellman, the Honey Badger, Mike Adams, Bozworth, Dez Bryant, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders... because all those guys were producers on the field too.

You are oversimplifying, by telling people to drop the GF aspect. At worst, the GF drama is a glimpse into the guy's character... which in that case, you wouldn't *I hope* touch a pathological liar like that. At best, he is an ultra-naive boy who has to step into the deep-end of the pool (i.e. the NFL) in six months. You can't ignore the GF story. It's a part of the draft process (unless again, you never put stock in off-field in the first place).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    All of you who are saying you don't care about the girlfriend stuff... I hope you were for drafting Lawrence Phillips, Vontaze Burfict, Pac-Man Jones, Janoris Jenkins, Alonzo Spellman, the Honey Badger, Mike Adams, Bozworth, Dez Bryant, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders... because all those guys were producers on the field too.

You are oversimplifying, by telling people to drop the GF aspect. At worst, the GF drama is a glimpse into the guy's character... which in that case, you wouldn't *I hope* touch a pathological liar like that. At best, he is an ultra-naive boy who has to step into the deep-end of the pool (i.e. the NFL) in six months. You can't ignore the GF story. It's a part of the draft process (unless again, you never put stock in off-field in the first place).
    The big difference is a lot of those other guys were athletic freaks. Teo compares more to a Larry Foote in terms of his athleticism. And that's fine, just not a guy that should go in the first round.

All the other guys you mention had clear first round athleticism.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

Why is Neon Dieon on this list? I mean, the Jherri Curl was offensive but the guy never had off field issues from whay I can remember.

...and note: i hated Dieon when he played but he was a truly gifted athlete.

and anyone who thinks Te'o has greatness in his future probably ate up the GF story this year... I think he will be a solid garbage man but nothing more. Time will tell.

as far as lying about the GF... plenty of guys lie or embellish their stories about women but most dont do it on national tv, over and over again. LOL...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-24-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Te'o has issues running down RB's to to the edge and not sure is has the speed to cover NFL pass catchers, while he may be a good ILB, saying he is pro bowl material is questionable. He'll drop to the late first round at best and could be a second round pick by some team.
    From looking how he played against Bama, he can't get off blocks.
    I understand it was only one game but he wasn't beaten, he was dominated especially when my boy Warmack pancaked him.
    He could turn out to be a good ILB but no way would I waste a first round pick on him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see the catfish GF thing like Mike Adams taking a few puffs. Not a big deal if over and DONE with for good. Move on become a big boy and play in the NFL. I do not want him at 17. End of 1st I would take a shot.
    He might even have more fire to succeed in the NFL. I agree time will tell.