Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Backup

User Info Menu

My money says it was Ryan Clarck if I had to guess..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Tomlin, Colbert & Rooney should go knock on Mr Cook's door tomorrow & ask for the name of the 'source'.

Then they should save some cap space by cutting that player.

And if Mr Cook wants to stay in good in Pittsburgh- best stay in good with the guys in charge.
    I'm of this mindset as well, if the player had issue with Woodley he should have addressed in the locker room face-to-face, not in the press as an anonymous source. This will accomplish nothing except having every player wondering who isn't really on board as being a teammate.

I don't see any scenario where something positive comes of this. Woodley isn't happy, other players are wondering who the snitch is and the Steeler management probably want to know as well.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Cut the player who said water is wet and the sky is blue?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares who said it.
    The good thing is that it was said.
    Maybe it'll embarrass him enough that he comes into camp in tiptop shape

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here is my question to all of this. Forget who said what, the fact remains Woodley wasn't playing up to snuff we seen it and I'm sure the coaches seen it. So why didn't they bench him like when they put Mendy in the dog house?

Whats the matter, no confidence in Worlids? I don't want to hear about he makes 65 mill so he has to start, no, playing like your invisible is hurting the team and the coaches should had enough balls to bench his arse.
    This is on the coaches too, they benched Mendy, and the other backs as well for underperforming and fumbling the ball, I think they even let someone else start when Brown was making too many mistakes so why was Woodley given a pass?

Someone mentioned Clark was the player that mentioned it, I don't know but he was the first player that came to my mind when I thought about it. I don't care who said it, I'm more mad at coaches ONLY putting certain players in the dog house.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    My money says it was Ryan Clarck if I had to guess..

Ha, ha ! You may having something there. Then again, Clark doesn't seem to back off his comment so maybe not. I never cared for when the source is not mentioned with their words. If you have the report saying, " the team loves the guy " that's one thing but to place a bullseye on the guys back and for him not to see who is pulling the trigger, that's just not right.

Anyway, I'm still glad it was said and hopefully Woodley will show up one of these seasons.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nothing new, I have been saying that about Woodley every since he got payed he walked in the Rooneys chest.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Pity the player is too gutless to put his name to these accusations, but isn't afraid to rag Woodley out to the press. This is more concerning than any percieved 'lack of shape'.

Or perhaps it's a reporter trying to sell a story..
    Instead of worrying about a fellow player "betraying" him perhaps he should take the comments to heart and do something about it. He has been plain awful after he got his big contract.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Instead of worrying about a fellow player "betraying" him perhaps he should take the comments to heart and do something about it. He has been plain awful after he got his big contract.
    I agree.... and who knows, the player may have also said it to his face. Its not like the player is dropping an atom bomb... its no secret Woodley looked out of shape this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't like this nonsense with anonymous players sniping at each other in the news. I'd rather not see the Steelers turn into the Jets of a few years ago.

That said, I do hope that the coaching staff has talked to Woodley and that he comes back next year in shape. With the size of his contract, he has to perform. Cutting him will lead to a huge cap hit, and the only real scenario that ends well for the Steelers is Woodley performing well.