Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Has The Right Attitude

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown Has The Right Attitude

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-working-hard-ready-to-lead/c217e57f-8d0a-4f0d-b682-58b057ed5a2f[/url]

He's taking this off season serious and wants to better his game, looks like Hines Ward is rubbing off on Brown in what it takes to be a great player.
    Brown looks to be the go to guy next season and it appears he wants to lead by example taking the extra steps to be the best he can be, which is the mindset all the players should emulate.

As we discuss the draft, players that may be leaving, the cap and all the other componets, it is clear to me our offense is the key for our team to get better. I often stated averaging 21 a game won't do it, we must find ways to score more points and once in the red zone look for TD's not settle for field goals. Beside a RB,WR, IMO we'll need another TE in our offense as we don't know how long it will take for Heath to get back to recovery. Beside that, grooming and even playing a TE as a rookie might be a good idea as we move forward.

Another area the Steelers might want to consider is using Will Johnson more in the passing game, I thought he played well when called on but utilizing him more could help us. Obviously we need a feature back that can move the chains but also one that can cut it outside not just between the tackles.

In my mind our O-line will be key for any success we have on offense, but it doesn't stop there the Steelers need to quit pussy-footin on the field and be aggressive in their approach on offense. With a good QB like Ben we shouldn't have to watch our team struggle to score points, the players and coaches need to get on board to remedy that issue.

When is the last time you seen the Steelers be a force on offense on a consistent basis? The idea of getting a lead and sitting on it isn't the way to go like we did in the past, be aggressive till the clock hits 0, again 21 gets you 8-8 records or worse if it wasn't for our defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

That "attitude" is why Brown got the money while another WR was just thinking about himself.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That "attitude" is why Brown got the money while another WR was just thinking about himself.
    There is not anything wrong with thinking about one's self. You can like it or not but Wallace is going to get paid somewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That 'attitude' didn't improve his performance, or help him live up to the contract offered. If 'attitude' was all you needed to get $6.2m, then just sign up Melecki now- that dude has the right attitude. Him and Legursky both. The team will suck, but at least they'll play with th right spirit.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to hear that Mike Adams & Dwyer are already working and lifting and running for next season so they can come into camp in the best shape of their lives. I don't think Dwyer has it in him to do that though. If he would spend one solid offseason working out with Ike down at Tom Shaw, lose the baby fat and get his cardio right, I think he could be a solid NFL RB. We absolutely NEED Adams to be a beast. Same with Gilbert for that matter. Same with Woodley for that matter.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That 'attitude' didn't improve his performance, or help him live up to the contract offered. If 'attitude' was all you needed to get $6.2m, then just sign up Melecki now- that dude has the right attitude. Him and Legursky both. The team will suck, but at least they'll play with th right spirit.
    Brown put up his big season running Wallace routes. Once back to doing that, he will be back to putting up the numbers.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Brown put up his big season running Wallace routes. Once back to doing that, he will be back to putting up the numbers.
    I still think the "running Wallace routes" is a bunch of crap...

But, if true, then this could be a big season for Brown...in 2011, he averaged more than 16 YpC...in 2012, he scored more TDs...

Put them both together...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    There is not anything wrong with thinking about one's self. You can like it or not but Wallace is going to get paid somewhere.
    Yes, he will get paid. Good for him. But other guys went elsewhere because the Steelers didn't suit them and they thought more of themselves than anything else. It didn't always work out the best for them. See Holmes and Plax.

Good luck Mike.

If I had a son in the NFL, I'd want him to be a lot more like AB than MW.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yes, he will get paid. Good for him. But other guys went elsewhere because the Steelers didn't suit them and they thought more of themselves than anything else. It didn't always work out the best for them. See Holmes and Plax.

Good luck Mike.

If I had a son in the NFL, I'd want him to be a lot more like AB than MW.
    Who's to say that things would had worked out any differently for Holmes or Plax if they remained Steelers? Holmes had "issues" before he joined the Steelers. Joining the Steelers didn't change Holmes as a person. Follow me?

I don't know AB or MW personally. I'd prefer my son to be more like myself or someone I knew as opposed to someone I don't know.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

all the talk about ABs attitude is wearing thin.

make winning plays, that all I care about.