Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, one of the beat writers had this to say:

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash"]#Steelers[/URL] LaMarr Woodley's weight had nothing to do with his dropoff. Quick throws and dropping into coverage more b/c Harrison couldn't did
    I don't agree with this premise in the least. Watching Woodley, it was clear that he was not an explosive player off the edge as he had been in past seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Blame Tomlin.... For this happening at least that's what some want to say. I blame fat boy for taking the money and running.
    blame everyone but the fat boy...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    For what it's worth, one of the beat writers had this to say:

I don't agree with this premise in the least. Watching Woodley, it was clear that he was not an explosive player off the edge as he had been in past seasons.
    Sounds like Kaboly is protecting his job as the Steelers beat writer. Even dropping into coverage, Woodley was a non-factor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark: Woodley blast shows “fracture” within Steelers

Posted by Josh Alper on February 18, 2013

Over the weekend, there were a couple of different articles in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette referencing Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley’s need to work harder this offseason.

Ed Bouchette wrote one of them with the general view that the team wants to see more effort on Woodley’s part. Ron Cook got an anonymous teammate of Woodley’s to share a scathing assessment of his teammate.

“He was awful,” the teammate said. ”He tells us he works out, but we didn’t see it. He wasn’t in shape. That has to be a reason why he was always hurt.”

Safety Ryan Clark has now weighed in, although he’s not taking any position on whether or not Woodley let the team down last year. He’s more upset about the fact that the unnamed teammate went public with his complaints and aired his grievances on the NFL Network Monday.

“We all have arguments with our brothers, sisters, cousins, but that stays in-house. What you talk about then stays there and it doesn’t get out to the public. So that is the problem,” Clark said. “That shows that this team that is normally close, you had the Joey Porters, the Alan Fanecas, just down the line, leader after leader, this team was close-knit. It shows there is a fracture in that. I think that is the most disappointing thing about that coming out.”

The Steelers have done a good job of reloading as key veterans shuffle off the team in recent years, but it isn’t guaranteed that the next generation is always going to pick up where the previous one left off. One comment doesn’t mean that’s what’s happening in Pittsburgh right now, but it does mean that Clark and other established leaders might have some extra work to do this offseason to keep things where they want them in the organization.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/ryan-clark-woodley-blast-shows-fracture-within-steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Amazing how so many want to make the person who called out Woodley the villain and the non-performing, out of shape Woodley some kind of victim. Woodley is the one letting the team down. Great someone called him on it. I could care less who it is. If it upsets Woodley get his butt into training and into shape and do something about it on the field.

Totally agree. Woodley is supposed to be a team leader. He is supposed to set an example. The Steelers have paid him a ton of money and he comes in out of shape and not ready to play. That's what's wrong with this team. Who/where are our team leaders? Where are the Farriors, Wards, etc? I don't see as many players holding each other accountable. Who's there to set the tone for the younger guys to follow their lead. They are not there. These guys are doing their own thing and it's only going to get worse, if they don't start addressing it now.

The fact is, Woodley has been lazy. Keeping it in house obviously hasn't worked, so maybe having it splashed in the national media will embarrass him enough to show up in shape next year.

I don't know about y'all, but its pissed me off losing to the F-ING Ravens. Remember the Ass kicking we had the year before last to start the season? You would think this would motivate these guys and Woodley comes in this year out of shape. Is he motivated by only money?
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and when he was one of the lowest players on the team, we're you upset at the FO for not giving him a contract earlier?

regardless of when he started to pick it up that year (hey, sometimes you just dont get to the Qb) he was above his average when he got injured 2 years ago. how is that a sign that he was slacking off his routine. a routine where he has has outplayed his rookie contract for 4 years.
    nobody forced woodley to sign that rookie contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Towlie View Post
    Totally agree. Woodley is supposed to be a team leader. He is supposed to set an example. The Steelers have paid him a ton of money and he comes in out of shape and not ready to play. That's what's wrong with this team. Who/where are our team leaders? Where are the Farriors, Wards, etc? I don't see as many players holding each other accountable. Who's there to set the tone for the younger guys to follow their lead. They are not there. These guys are doing their own thing and it's only going to get worse, if they don't start addressing it now.

The fact is, Woodley has been lazy. Keeping it in house obviously hasn't worked, so maybe having it splashed in the national media will embarrass him enough to show up in shape next year.

I don't know about y'all, but its pissed me off losing to the F-ING Ravens. Remember the Ass kicking we had the year before last to start the season? You would think this would motivate these guys and Woodley comes in this year out of shape. Is he motivated by only money?
    woodely does all his tough talk on facebook and twitter

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Clark... but he talks like he isn't on this team anymore. He is in the locker room. Where are the leaders? Clark should be one of the leaders IMO. Why the hell is Clark whining in the media?

Grow a pair, let Woodley know whether he likes it or not he is viewed as a leader since he gets paid big bucks. He should lead by example or with words. Everyone thought it was cute when he said Flacco would never win a championship but guess what fat boy? Jokes on you.

IMO we have too many players who love to talk but they talk about dumb $%#$. Keisel grows a beard and makes jokes about our age. Mendenhall makes jokes about Bin Laden and not showing up. Ben jokes about being injured, not injured, loving and hating Haley, Clark is an excellent speaker but seems to prefer ESPN First Take over Steelers First Take. Pouncey loves to promote hip hop and bark on the sidelines...

Serious question... who the hell is our leader in 2013 going forward? All I hear is deflections and excuses.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Guys, I'm more concerned now about our Steelers than I was after the season ended. We have cap issues to contend with, the draft, and who will be here next season. Now, players are coming out of the woodwork and making their thoughts public.
    We already know Woodley had a bad year, for a player to call him out and exclude others on the team isn't right. Woodley isn't the only reason they underachieved this season and finished the season 8-8.

Its time the FO respond to these players that spill the beans to the media before our Steelers unravel right in front of our eyes. We have coaches running to the hills, players calling others out, something is wrong here and its up to the leaders of the organization to address it.

As I said in a previous thread, if Lamar was out of shape or not 100% why did the coaches let him start?

We haven't had a draft yet, and I'm not liking what I'm hearing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    nobody forced woodley to sign that rookie contract.
    ??

you do realize each draft pick is (sort of) slotted to what the pick the year before got.

he could have easily held out either after his 2nd or 3rd year for a bigger contract because he outperformed it