Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ??

his new offense coordinator was hired in the offseason around this time last year

the article you posted was from a game in december. and his "whining" consisted of

Question. why didnt you go to heath miller in the 2nd half

ben's answer. i dont know why we moved away from it. it was successful in the 1st half. you would have to ask the OC
    As I said, this is one instance among others and if questioning he play calling and not going no huddle are insignificant, basically saying the guy above him made the wrong calls are nothing, then questioning an equals judgement on workouts should be on the same level in regards to team chemistry.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 02-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=839532-steelers-would-like-lamarr-woodley-to-work-out-differently"]
    Steelers | Would like LaMarr Woodley to work out differently [/URL]

Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:54:45 -0800
    The [URL="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers"]Pittsburgh Steelers[/URL] believe LB [URL="http://www.kffl.com/player/13459/nfl/lamarr-woodley"]LaMarr Woodley[/URL] (ankle, groin, hamstring) dealt with several injuries last season, including a training camp groin injury, and an ankle and hamstring injury in the regular season. The team believes that Woodley needs to approach his offseason workouts with more diligence to avoid the kinds of injuries that have dogged him the past two seasons.

Read more: [URL]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2LDsK9EbG[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ??

his new offense coordinator was hired in the offseason around this time last year

the article you posted was from a game in december. and his "whining" consisted of

Question. why didnt you go to heath miller in the 2nd half

ben's answer. i dont know why we moved away from it. it was successful in the 1st half. you would have to ask the OC
    Well Said...

There are some Steelers fans who just want to rip Big Ben no matter what...Reading in between lines is their fave passtime.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Amazing how so many want to make the person who called out Woodley the villain and the non-performing, out of shape Woodley some kind of victim. Woodley is the one letting the team down. Great someone called him on it. I could care less who it is. If it upsets Woodley get his butt into training and into shape and do something about it on the field.
    And this post, right here, shows how people read what they want to read in order to justify their opinion. Show us the defense of Woodley. Who has defended him? Made him a victim? The issue some of us have is the showing of disrespect to teammates, and the lack of professionalism shown by going to the media and sniping. If this is a sign of how the Steelers behave, then no wonder they went 8-8. Pitiful.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

My theory is it was Tomlin or Rooney who said it and told the writer to call it an unnamed player.

Worilds looks great at Woodley's spot. I think the D would be fine with him and James on the outside. And we're gonna need James replacement in the next couple years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My theory is it was Tomlin or Rooney who said it and told the writer to call it an unnamed player.
    Uh-oh...now Rooney's either going to have to cut Tomlin...or himself.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Worilds looks great at Woodley's spot. I think the D would be fine with him and James on the outside.
    Agreed. But I'm not optimistic that James will be here this coming season.

And we're gonna need James replacement in the next couple years.
    I think we may well need him THIS year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Worilds looks great at Woodley's spot. I think the D would be fine with him and James on the outside. And we're gonna need James replacement in the next couple years.
    Actually we need James' replacement now because he is done.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And this post, right here, shows how people read what they want to read in order to justify their opinion. Show us the defense of Woodley. Who has defended him? Made him a victim? The issue some of us have is the showing of disrespect to teammates, and the lack of professionalism shown by going to the media and sniping. If this is a sign of how the Steelers behave, then no wonder they went 8-8. Pitiful.
    Great point, Chadman. I'm certainly not going to defend Woodley's poor conditioning, and I don't think anybody has.

Having watched the Jets implode with anonymous sources sniping at each other in the paper (not their only problem, of course) I would rather not see the Steelers turn into the Jets...

Legend

User Info Menu

Pot or kettle, your choice.

My point was we are losing sight of the fact that Woodley open himself to this situation by his "lack of professionalism." No one encourages players sniping with each other but go to the root cause and it is Woodley.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you have it reversed...these stories typically pop up AFTER we have a bad season...

I don't think it's the reason we went .500.