Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What does it do for team chemistry when your franchise QB is whining and belly aching in the media about his new OC and the offense he is going to be in charge of running? Does he get a pass that he didn't keep it behind closed doors because it's known he is the one saying it? I could argue that actually makes it worse.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    What does it do for team chemistry when your franchise QB is whining and belly aching in the media about his new OC and the offense he is going to be in charge of running? Does he get a pass that he didn't keep it behind closed doors because it's known he is the one saying it? I could argue that actually makes it worse.
    Perhaps I missed something, but when did Ben whine or bellyache in the media about Haley? I know that there was some speculation when one didn't call the other fast enough for some people's taste. However, I don't recall Ben ever going on a tear about Haley.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Perhaps I missed something, but when did Ben whine or bellyache in the media about Haley? I know that there was some speculation when one didn't call the other fast enough for some people's taste. However, I don't recall Ben ever going on a tear about Haley.
    [url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-apologizes-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley-comments-121912[/url]

quick google search showed this but there were more instances before and during the season. Mostly little digs that were fairly transparent. Some he backtracked and said he was misunderstood.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It shouldn't take that if you are one of the highest paid on the team.
    and when he was one of the lowest players on the team, we're you upset at the FO for not giving him a contract earlier?

regardless of when he started to pick it up that year (hey, sometimes you just dont get to the Qb) he was above his average when he got injured 2 years ago. how is that a sign that he was slacking off his routine. a routine where he has has outplayed his rookie contract for 4 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-apologizes-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley-comments-121912[/URL]

quick google search showed this but there were more instances before and during the season. Mostly little digs that were fairly transparent. Some he backtracked and said he was misunderstood.
    You take that as whining or bellyaching?? Really?? All those quoted in the article seemed to be completely cool with each other at the end of the day. If that is all it takes to hurt team chemistry then the Steelers are in real trouble.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-apologizes-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley-comments-121912[/URL]

??

his new offense coordinator was hired in the offseason around this time last year

the article you posted was from a game in december. and his "whining" consisted of

Question. why didnt you go to heath miller in the 2nd half

ben's answer. i dont know why we moved away from it. it was successful in the 1st half. you would have to ask the OC

Legend

User Info Menu

The whole Ben vs. Haley thing is media fabrication IMO.

I have noticed that Woodley has been VERY quiet on facebook since this article came out. He is usually all over it. I hope it makes things more productive for him.

One more thing - Clark has deleted his twitter account recently. Hmmm.....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    In your haste to take a jab you continue to miss the fundamental assertion. It has always been that Woodley does not have the body type or the commitment to fitness to play OLB in the 3-4. He is more naturally a 4-3 DE best suited to rushing the passer not chasing RBs and TEs who are much more athletic than he is. Woodley is a "power player" pure and simple.
    The first of those plays where he was injured he was chasing Tom Brady while rushing the passer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And for the record- this is the perfect opportunity for Tomlin & Co to get the team chemistry sorted. Find the gutless source, call him out, and cut him.

This sets the tone for the team, no rats on board thank you.
    No matter who it is?

What if it's Big Ben? Or Timmons? You're really going to cut them just because they stated the obvious?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    The whole Ben vs. Haley thing is media fabrication IMO.

I have noticed that Woodley has been VERY quiet on facebook since this article came out. He is usually all over it. I hope it makes things more productive for him.

One more thing - Clark has deleted his twitter account recently. Hmmm.....
    Clarks twitter was shut down before the super bowl because he was getting hammered there saying he wanted the Ravens to send Ray Ray out on top.