Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Chances of Retaining Keenan Lewis look Promising

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish the Steelers could keep Lewis, but I'm not optimistic that will happen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keenan stated he wasn't greedy, but the Steelers will have to come up with some Omar magic here. If they are in the ball park he could remain a Steeler if not then we lose another weapon on the team.
    The Steelers may have to rethink how they got into this mess in the first place, you can't keep kicking the can down the road without consequenses.
    We are there now and it's going to be painful to watch, I'll just hope for the best and look forward to the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Keenan stated he wasn't greedy, but the Steelers will have to come up with some Omar magic here. If they are in the ball park he could remain a Steeler if not then we lose another weapon on the team.
    The Steelers may have to rethink how they got into this mess in the first place, you can't keep kicking the can down the road without consequenses.
    We are there now and it's going to be painful to watch, I'll just hope for the best and look forward to the draft.
    There is a reason the Steelers were in the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years. Keeping a core team of good vets was a big part of it.

Ask yourself the question; would you rather go through a down season or two every 10 yrs, or be in and out of playoffs on a regular basis while rookies and greenies learn their positions?

I vote the former.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers gave out huge $ to 56, 94, 43, and 84 etc...if they really want Lewis, they will pay him, they will find a way!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There is a reason the Steelers were in the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years. Keeping a core team of good vets was a big part of it.

Ask yourself the question; would you rather go through a down season or two every 10 yrs, or be in and out of playoffs on a regular basis while rookies and greenies learn their positions?

I vote the former.

North I'm with you and vote the former too, but this year is different than the past. We are projected to lose Wallace, Mendy,Harrison, Foster, Colon, Starks to name a few not counting other potencial players leaving. We had a losing season last year in Steeler Standards and could have more if our second and third year players don't step up.
    Lewis is a priority if we sign any of our own, so if we lose him to another team plus the players mentioned it may result in several down years, not saying it will but could.
    What happened in the past decades isn't a guarantee we will maintain that winning formula, believe me I'll be happy if our Steelers can overcome all of this, but there is question to whether they can and thats the reality we face.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    The Steelers gave out huge $ to 56, 94, 43, and 84 etc...if they really want Lewis, they will pay him, they will find a way!!

JD
    $$$$ They usually keep who they really want. IMO the question here is do they think Cortez Allen may be better than Lewis real soon? IMO that could be the case and they may just want to accelerate Allen becoming "the guy" knowing he will also have a big payday in about two years.

From an economics/salary cap perspective it may make more sense/be more cost effective to let Lewis leave, start Allen in his place and get Ike to take a paycut. They could then draft a CB in this year's draft and groom as Ike's replacement in about two years.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    $$$$ They usually keep who they really want. IMO the question here is do they think Cortez Allen may be better than Lewis real soon? IMO that could be the case and they may just want to accelerate Allen becoming "the guy" knowing he will also have a big payday in about two years.

From an economics/salary cap perspective it may make more sense/be more cost effective to let Lewis leave, start Allen in his place and get Ike to take a paycut. They could then draft a CB in this year's draft and groom as Ike's replacement in about two years.

Now everyone can see why I selected CB in round one as I looked into the possibilities of the above happening. Good corners are hard to find especially when your picking late in the draft. This is our opportunity to get a good one @ 17 if Lewis does leave and groom him for the expected relacement of Ike Taylor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Now everyone can see why I selected CB in round one as I looked into the possibilities of the above happening. Good corners are hard to find especially when your picking late in the draft. This is our opportunity to get a good one @ 17 if Lewis does leave and groom him for the expected relacement of Ike Taylor.
    Your draft did articulate what could be a good strategy for this year's draft if we are willing to let Lewis go onto the market.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

that subject line is SO misleading.. it's like posting, "TRACY PORTER SIGNS WTH STEELERS" then clicking inside and find it's someone's hope... LAME. Just saying.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You sir will receive my nomination for most misleading thread title of the year! Congratulations!
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.