Thread: Packers Cut Woodson

Legend

User Info Menu

Packers Cut Woodson

Injury issues last season, high cap number, up in age...sound familiar
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

These iconic players and the end of their careers are like an end of an era. Hard to believe when a person turns 31 in this league they're considered old. I've worked construction most of my life and thank God they don't ask us to run.
    I think it bothers me more now ( and not a lot ) that the Steelers lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl. As soon as that Super Bowl was over my emotions where over too. At the time and I forgot about it and moved on. Now that I see the highlights every once in a while on the NFL channel, I get bummed that we lost that Super Bowl. At least we had beaten the Cowboys in the Bowl twice before but, when years come to past I want people to look back and know we beat the Packers in the Super Bowl at one point.
    This being said, I hope the Steelers face the Packers again in the Super Bowl and obviously I want us to win. Let me go one better, I want us to meet them two more times in the Super Bowl and beat them twice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Funny. I never want to see the Packers in the SB again. Ever. My boss' son plays for them and I like him fine. I'm just done with that team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know what you mean but I do like the Packers or at least they don't bother me. I think the organization does things on the up and up with little to no scandals. At least nont hat I know of. They don't remind me of low class like the Ravens, or Patirots or the Cowboys. I don't know if the Cowboys are low class but, the owner sure is a tool.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we get him for a vet minimum contract?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought the Steelers wanted to get younger as a team, heck Woodson isn't that far off from getting an AAARP CARD jk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I thought the Steelers wanted to get younger as a team, heck Woodson isn't that far off from getting an AAARP CARD jk.

LOL ! pretty soon he will be doing the, " I've been tackled and I can't get up commercials. "

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It would take him 3 years to learn the defense..LOL

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    It would take him 3 years to learn the defense..LOL
    I know you're joking, but LeBeau said this before SB XLV:

["This is probably the only Super Bowl ever that the players from either team could jump in the defensive huddle and understand the terminology and probably run the defense," LeBeau says. "I'm sure the nomenclature is different, but they could figure it out."