Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The case FOR Harrison

Legend

User Info Menu

The case FOR Harrison

Do you who say JHs play has declined wacth his play at seasons end? Dude was a beast.

He is STILL our best OLBer, and only Timmons can compare to a 35 year old Harrison among ALL our LBers.

When JH was out our defense was absolutely pathetic. With JH back we climbed back to number one.

He had a sack in 5 of the last seven games, with two strip fumbles created. He had 11 tackles in the last game of the season.

Woodley by comparison had around HALF the tackles that Harrison had.

Harrison bested Woodleys CAREER HIGH for tackles in a season where he missed September and came back slowly in October.

Aging Harrison had more total tackles (70) than ANY probowl OLBer in a season when he MISSED A MONTH.

Clay Matthews, a probowler in his prime in full health had 43 tackles compared to Harrisons 70.

Aging injured JH is STILL the best run stopping 3/4 OLBER in this league bar none, and he closed the season with a sack in 5 of 7 games an elite pass rush level by any standard.

You think we got guys on the bench who can replace that when PROWBOWLERS cant do what an aging JH does routinely.

At seasons end JH was ALL THE WAY BACK to form, on par with ANY OLBer

His PLAY is not suspect at all.

Recurring Injury is the only concern.

If his old injuries test as sound I say pay the man.

If you are in full rebuild mold let him go. We are going nowhere w/o him next year.

This defense is nothing w/o him, the facts show it.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

i agree,i think they should cut wood,he acts as if he doesnt care

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, I think an aging 35 year old LBer with knee problems and multiple spine surgeries will only continue to get better with age.
    Definitely worth a $10 million cap hit this year.
    sarcasm off-

Legend

User Info Menu

i would feel for harrison if he didnt take otas, mini camp and half the season off 'rehabbing' and injury that he could have taken care of after the denver playoff chokejob. if he gets cut or asked to take less its his own fault for wanting to vacation instead of workout.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i would feel for harrison if he didnt take otas, mini camp and half the season off 'rehabbing' and injury that he could have taken care of after the denver playoff chokejob. if he gets cut or asked to take less its his own fault for wanting to vacation instead of workout.
    Yes, what a lazy bum he is. He needs to learn a thing or two from Woodley about working out.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yes, I think an aging 35 year old LBer with knee problems and multiple spine surgeries will only continue to get better with age.
    sarcasm off-
    That is what I saw as the season went on. He was getting better. By seasons end he looked better than he had in recent years.

Hey do the tests, but if his repairs look as healed as his play showed at seasons end, yeah pay him.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree, he was playing well at season's end. Some posters on this board will vehemently deny it, but I agree with you about his performance, and believe it was a real key to the defensive improvement over the last half of the season.

Even with that, however, the $10 million cap hit may be too much for this team, which has so many areas of concern.
    With all the other contracts to take care of, I'm not sure they can re-structure James' enough to keep him around...I think that James will have to take a drastic pay-cut or else he will be playing somewhere else next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I agree, he was playing well at season's end. Some posters on this board will vehemently deny it, but I agree with you about his performance, and believe it was a real key to the defensive improvement over the last half of the season.

Even with that, however, the $10 million cap hit may be too much for this team, which has so many areas of concern.
    With all the other contracts to take care of, I'm not sure they can re-structure James' enough to keep him around...I think that James will have to take a drastic pay-cut or else he will be playing somewhere else next season.
    I see your point, it might be the reality, I hope some compromise is possible, but it is hard to restructure his deal to save much w/o it being a ridiculous lowball.

But those who think the JH of seasons end (never mind years ago) will be easy to replace are simply unaware of his value to this team.

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with an objective opinion agree with you. PFF and other services would tell you he did help the run defense. However, according to PFF he delivered very little pressure in the passing game. He suffered even worse when asked to play coverage (a requirement for an OLB in the zone blitz scheme).

This is reasonable, but I highly doubt it happens. He's 35 and they need to see if Worilds can take the next step. I would love to see him brought to camp. Would would perhaps see if Worilds can beat him out in a camp competition.

But this is highly unlikely as well.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's hard to argue that the Steelers will be 'better' if Harrison is removed from the roster.

It's only the Cap figure that makes him a release target- not the level of his play.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT