Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: A great read on Wallace, and might make some look different at the situation...

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't want Wallace for an average of 10 mil / year, or even 9 mil / year.

    I MIGHT consider 8 mil / year and that is a huge MIGHT.

    He might get a lot of money from another franchise. Good for him. I just hope it's not with the Steelers.
    That is what the Steelers offered at about $8 to start and going up. The Wallace Fan Club wants to forget that the Steelers are pretty good at this stuff and the vast majority of the time they usually have the value of a player pegged exactly where it should be. Let the other teams be stupid and overpay.

    I trust the front office will get this all right in the long term. If they decided to part ways with Wallace they have a plan.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #22
    I hope the antonio brown fan club uses the same judgements if he has another down year about how the front office is correct in how they value players.

    the steelers had a huge bargain in wallace whether the anti wallace crowd will admit it or not.

    mike wallace didn't make the rules, he just played by them. Now he is about to get paid bigtime. Good on him.

  3. #23
    The fact that this article refuses to mention that the team offered a significant long-term contract shows the writer's bias. It would be one thing if he had stated that "they made an offer, but Wallace considered it to be too low", but to ignore it shows a skew, therefore the entire article lacks trust.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I hope the antonio brown fan club uses the same judgements if he has another down year about how the front office is correct in how they value players.

    the steelers had a huge bargain in wallace whether the anti wallace crowd will admit it or not.

    mike wallace didn't make the rules, he just played by them. Now he is about to get paid bigtime. Good on him.
    At least the Brown Fan Club will have a Steeler to root for and pull for who is helping the Steelers. Wallace's boys will have nothing but memories.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #25
    As long as Antonio Brown stays away from significant injury, which is true for every player in the NFL, he won't become a bad player. He has already proven to be a tireless effort player, with sticky fingers, for the most part. The players who decline are the ones who don't invest the energy to work on their craft. Brown will only improve because he is a dedicated worker. The Steelers were around him long enough see that.

    As for the money is everything argument, (If you can get 20K more somewhere else, you are stoopid if you don't go for it). I don't place as much emphasis on money as that. There are many other factors that determine quality of life, IMO, than the digits in the bank book. The difference between 8 million or 10 million to Mike Wallace, or anyone I think, is meaningless in terms of quality of life. With either sum, you have more than enough to meet basic needs and then the excess, you play with. He probably doesn't have any plans for the money, so he may just throw away on bad investments, gambling, material things that he rarely uses or enjoys. More money like that is solely for the momentary ego gratification of knowing someone valued you enough to give it to you. After that, the feeling and meaning of it is over.

    Going from low-middle class to upper middle class is more significant than the move from wealthy to a bit more wealthy.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,054
    Their stats over the last 2 years in which Wallace was a starter
    Wallace 31 games 136-2029-16td
    Brown 29 games 135-1895-7td 1td return

    Brown missed 3 games last year and part of another and had 3 less TD's than Wallace
    Pretty even in everything except TDs scored from 2011 where Mike wins out 8-2
    Brown also seems to have a great work ethic and wants to be in Pittsburgh
    Just saying
    Last edited by pittpete; 02-14-2013 at 02:39 PM.

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Their stats over the last 2 years in which Wallace was a starter
    Wallace 31 games 136-2029-16td
    Brown 29 games 135-1895-7td 1td return

    Brown missed 3 games last year and part of another and had 3 less TD's than Wallace
    Pretty even in everything except TDs scored from 2011 where Mike wins out 8-2
    Brown also seems to have a great work ethic and wants to be in Pittsburgh
    Just saying
    But Wallace runs fast
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I hope the antonio brown fan club uses the same judgements if he has another down year about how the front office is correct in how they value players.

    the steelers had a huge bargain in wallace whether the anti wallace crowd will admit it or not.

    mike wallace didn't make the rules, he just played by them. Now he is about to get paid bigtime. Good on him.

    we will..

    have fun rooting for Wallace when he is in another jersey...

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we will..

    have fun rooting for Wallace when he is in another jersey...
    unnecessary. Your true fandom has been noted for the record.

    I just don't believe brown will ever be a true #1, even though he is getting paid like one.

    and for the anti-wallace crowd to think the offense won't suffer without him are completely delusional.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    unnecessary. Your true fandom has been noted for the record.

    I just don't believe brown will ever be a true #1, even though he is getting paid like one.

    and for the anti-wallace crowd to think the offense won't suffer without him are completely delusional.
    Don't get crazy...

    Part of the reason Wallace's stats fell is presumably because Haley's offense doesn't emphasize the deep pass...

    That being the case, how much can the offense suffer?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •