Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Should the Steelers build their future now, and bite the bullet in 2013?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Harrison isn't Harrison and never will be. He didn't do anything down the stretch that waWe hs Harrison'ish. The stat sheet doesn't reflect his play on the field. He has taken significant steps back and he will be another year older. Harrison is a "vet min" player at this point in his career. The only reason Steeler fans can't see it is they want to pay him for what he did in the past and not what he could do now.
    Wow. Amazing take. What I saw was that the D began to play well about the time that Harrison rounded into form. The last quarter of the season, he was making plays. And a "vet min" player? You will soon see that NFL teams don't agree. Now, as to whether the Steelers should keep him, different story. We are in cap hell and face some tough decisions...and unless James is willing to play for a drastic pay reduction, I think we will (and should) cut him loose. We almost have to, in order to have any chance of building a competitive team going forward.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I think they can do both. For example, I would not be surprised if they decide to re-sign one or even 2 of these players discussed on here as a possible cut......
    what he said... Most of those guys get a restructure to save cap (Ben, Lamar, Troy and Harrison). They make their $ this year, and count less towards this year's cap. Yes, this was an 8-8 team... one that lost most games by 3 points or less.... while missing Ben, Troy, Harrison and a handful of offensive linemen... This is easily an 11-5 team and with the right additions (draft, FA) could be a 13-3 team.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,742
    we neede to get rid of cowhers players as soon as possible and get tomlins on the field exclusively.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    we neede to get rid of cowhers players as soon as possible and get tomlins on the field exclusively.
    hoping that was sarcasm... Ben... Troy... Heath... not ready to lose any of the 3... and there are others...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    hoping that was sarcasm... Ben... Troy... Heath... not ready to lose any of the 3... and there are others...
    i dont want them gone either but sure am ready to see how great of a coach tomlin is with his own players.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Wow. Amazing take. What I saw was that the D began to play well about the time that Harrison rounded into form. The last quarter of the season, he was making plays. And a "vet min" player? You will soon see that NFL teams don't agree. Now, as to whether the Steelers should keep him, different story. We are in cap hell and face some tough decisions...and unless James is willing to play for a drastic pay reduction, I think we will (and should) cut him loose. We almost have to, in order to have any chance of building a competitive team going forward.
    The defense played well as a unit. The improved CB play is what made the defense top flight. Harrison never came into form. Woodley took a year off. Hampton was barely average. The 3 must win games at the end of the year Harrison had 10 TT 1 FF 1 SK 0 PD 0 INT. That is not the Harrison I knew. I had to look for #92 watching the games. He didn't jump out.

    He is a vet min player at 35 given the CBA. Whatever he gets is guranteed if he makes a week 1 roster. A 35 year old clearly in decline is a risk. He will get released and contender will give him a Signing Bonus and a 2-3 mil base.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •