Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Says He Won't Take a Paycut--Bye James!

Rookie

User Info Menu

No reason to judge until we see what the steelers do. my concern is there no depth at that position

Legend

User Info Menu

Cut him and its 3.2 million cap hit, trade him and its a 3.2 million cap hit, 9.7 to keep him this year.
    Can't restructure an aging 35 year old OLB with injuries.
    Just doesn't make much sense.
    Thank you for your services James

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelmann58 View Post
    No reason to judge until we see what the steelers do. my concern is there no depth at that position

Plan for the worse, be grateful for the good that happens. That has always been my motto.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to be really sad the day he is gone. Miller, too. To me, they embody the old Steelers. Ben does, too, but not as much as them.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

You know, Chadman never thought the Steelers would recover from losing Greg Lloyd. Or Rod Woodson. Levon Kirkland. Joey Porter.

But they always did recover. There's ALWAYS a young player that will help the team recover. It could be Worilds. It could be Carter. It could be Adrian Robinson, or even a draft pick.

Or it might be the guy drafted next year.

But the Steelers will recover. And James Harrison will always be loved by Steeler Nation, even if he plays in a different uniform next season.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Nowhere does anyone state that he will refuse a pay cut. Only his agent says that he doesn't think that he will have to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Nowhere does anyone state that he will refuse a pay cut. Only his agent says that he doesn't think that he will have to.
    There you go reading beyond the headline again...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I'm going to be really sad the day he is gone. Miller, too. To me, they embody the old Steelers. Ben does, too, but not as much as them.
    We don't need "old Steelers" we need "new Steelers" who can get the job done. Remember, at one time Harrison and Miller were the "new Steelers" too.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know, Chadman never thought the Steelers would recover from losing Greg Lloyd. Or Rod Woodson. Levon Kirkland. Joey Porter.

But they always did recover. There's ALWAYS a young player that will help the team recover. It could be Worilds. It could be Carter. It could be Adrian Robinson, or even a draft pick.

Or it might be the guy drafted next year.

But the Steelers will recover. And James Harrison will always be loved by Steeler Nation, even if he plays in a different uniform next season.
    Uh...one member of the Steelers Nation will not love Harrison in another uniform and that is me. Once they choose to suit up for the enemy I have no affinity for these guys at all. My loyalty is to the organization not temporary occupants of a certain position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We don't need "old Steelers" we need "new Steelers" who can get the job done. Remember, at one time Harrison and Miller were the "new Steelers" too.
    So, now I'm hoping for the resigning of Andy Russell? Whatever. My point, Sir, is that the Steelers brand of blue-collar football player is my preference for this team, as opposed to the media whores you see in Dallas.

But, enjoy the either-or fallacy if you wish.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]