Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Says He Won't Take a Paycut--Bye James!

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison Says He Won't Take a Paycut--Bye James!

He wants his money. Should we trade him?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/2/12/3979684/steelers-james-harrison-contract-salary-cap-depth-chart-free-agency[/URL]
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He wants his money. Should we trade him?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/2/12/3979684/steelers-james-harrison-contract-salary-cap-depth-chart-free-agency[/URL]

James may just be posturing...he probably knows that it wouldn't be all that wise, before he even sits down to negotiate, to say he's willing to take a big pay cut.

But if he's truly serious about what he says, then he will be cut. Hard to see a team that wants him making a trade at his current salary when they know the Steelers' cap situation...they know the Steelers will have to cut him and then they can negotiate a new (cheaper) contract.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No trade value for Harrison. He will be cut.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cut Harrison, Hampton, Foote, Troy, Clark, Colon. Trade Ike for 3rd round pick. Trade Ben to Zona for first and second this year and next year. Tank 2013/14 season. Draft AJ McCarron. Mister Pittsburgh pulls 3 way with McCarrons girlfriend and mom while tailgating.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

They may well cut Harrison, Hampton, Foote, and Troy. I don't see a huge savings in cutting Clark at this point; relative to his play he's pretty affordable. Colon is a more difficult case...I think they'd like to part ways, but with his contract being what it is, they might keep him on. Can't see them trading Ike this season, and certainly not Ben. Sorry, but you'll have to find someone else for your "3 way."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    They may well cut Harrison, Hampton, Foote, and Troy. I don't see a huge savings in cutting Clark at this point; relative to his play he's pretty affordable. Colon is a more difficult case...I think they'd like to part ways, but with his contract being what it is, they might keep him on. Can't see them trading Ike this season, and certainly not Ben. Sorry, but you'll have to find someone else for your "3 way."
    Agree. Clark isn't cost prohibitive however his health issues may result in his being let go. Heard that his injury at the end of the season was worse than originally thought.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet the coaches are still afraid to cut him.

Legend

User Info Menu

More than most guys, it is tough to blame James for wanting the money. After all, he got a late start and did not get his first big payday until his current contract.

I would like for the Steelers to find a way to retain James because if they don't, I think the defense will suffer. Timmons was much better last year after Harrison returned and the whole defense improved after his return. He makes the rest of the D better.

That said, last year, Harrison was one of the few players whose contracts was not restructured. I think that was a prelude to a likely release this offseason. By not restructing James last year, there is less dead money if he is cut this year. I hope that I'm wrong, but fear that Harrison will be released.

Legend

User Info Menu

i dont see harrison making more with another team and i dont see the steelers lowballing the **** out of him either.
    i think harrison may have hurt himself by taking offf otas and training camp and not rehabbing his knee until the season started. his value would have been higher. lets see if vacationing last year will hurt his wallet this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought James said right after the season he didn't see himself being on the Steelers team next season ? If that is true to me that meant, it's his way or no way and he knows the Steelers won't cough up the money that they have already agreed upon.
    Harrison will be gone and by the start of the 2014 season I see few players this year being on the team as they are now.

If they're not gone by this season I see the following players gone by 2014.

Hampton
    Harrison
    Polamalu
    Kiesel
    Taylor
    Clark
    Colon
    Maybe even Heath Miller.

By 2014 Ben will be the senior most player on the team and then we will be talking about his replacement. All you Ben haters, hold on to your hats because it will be a long time before we get someone of the caliber of Ben. I see the Steelers getting excited over divisonal wins at some point with playoffs being a dream. We've had it good for too long and we haven't had the front office or coaching staff being able/capable enough to get the right players in or develope the players that we do have.