Thread: Goodell Receives Bonus of $22.3 million

Legend

User Info Menu

Goodell Receives Bonus of $22.3 million

Bad news for those of us who are not pleased with the NFL under Goodell. This bonus demonstrates that his bosses, the owners, have no problem with the job that he's doing:[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/"]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Goodall, like presidents and any person in the public face of leadership or politics, do not have the real power. It's the rich people behind the scenes that are not in the public eye who have the real influence. As seen by this extravagant "bonus".... More like a slap in the face to the working class who watches and supports this sport. Pretty discouraged about the nfl anymore. Will always rep the Steelers on game day one way or another and they will always be my team. Had a lot of great memories growing up because of these Sunday morning games but the game is no the same anymore...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Goodall, like presidents and any person in the public face of leadership or politics, do not have the real power. It's the rich people behind the scenes that are not in the public eye who have the real influence. As seen by this extravagant "bonus".... More like a slap in the face to the working class who watches and supports this sport. Pretty discouraged about the nfl anymore. Will always rep the Steelers on game day one way or another and they will always be my team. Had a lot of great memories growing up because of these Sunday morning games but the game is no the same anymore...

Nice quote ! Your right, my best football memories are back in the day and not what we see now. Players remained with the franchise that hired them, not as many troublesome type players or at least, they kept in under control. Better games/play calling/balance in the games. I liked it when it was us against them every season. I would know what players were on the other teams almost as well as our own team.
    Now it's more of a carnival event at times. Policed too much one way but, the same judicial system turning their eyes away from other areas.