Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Has The Right Attitude

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Mike Wallace signed a contract today with the Steelers this board would explode with happy campers. We're looking at it from a different angle.
    Mike is a talented receiver as all of our receivers are, we just had a down year but remember it wasn't just the receivers that underacheived.
    We tend to put them in the forefront of why we finished a sub-par season, almost every player on that team contributed to that 8-8 record outside of a few. Heath Miller, Timmons, Clark, Pouncey, and our FB Will Johnson all had a good year where they were consistent, we needed the same consistency from the rest of the team.

When all the dust settles I believe we will be better than expected, and yes we can survive without Mike Wallace, but I believe we are a stronger unit with him. I look for Brown to make that leap from this disappointing season and play like he did prior to this latest season, if Sanders does the same we'll be fine. Add another receiver to the mix either Cotchery or draft pick along with a talented TE and we might exceed expectations.

We have a young offensive line now, sometimes a year makes a big difference, especially when Players like Adams, Beachum, and DeCastro had some playing time under their belt. When Adams was healthy we ran on that side and he was doing a great job in run blocking, one of the reasons Redman and Dwyer had back to back 100 yd. games until the injuries came.

Deep down I think some fans don't believe we'll be any better this coming season, especially losing players like Wallace, Mendy, Harrison to name a few, but that's on paper. I get the feeling the 2013 Steelers could wind up being the most focused team we had in awhile, they want to reverse the poor season and rebuild a championship team.
    How good will we be? The truth is no one knows, but I'm looking forward to the draft, training camp, and a 2013 Steelers team that has a resolve to take that next step.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman thinks next season will be a struggle, and 8-8 might be a realistic target.

But that said, Chadman still can't wait for the draft or kick-off on week 1.

Chadman isn't pessimistic about next season because the Steelers are losing players. Chadman is pessimistic because the players behind these guys we are losing have either not shown enough to be counted on, or have shown enough to know they can't be counted on.

Focus & determination will take a team so far, but if the talent level on the field drops significantly, and chances are- it will, no amount of 'being ready' will transform this team from a 50% side to a play-off side.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman thinks next season will be a struggle, and 8-8 might be a realistic target.

But that said, Chadman still can't wait for the draft or kick-off on week 1.

Chadman isn't pessimistic about next season because the Steelers are losing players. Chadman is pessimistic because the players behind these guys we are losing have either not shown enough to be counted on, or have shown enough to know they can't be counted on.

Focus & determination will take a team so far, but if the talent level on the field drops significantly, and chances are- it will, no amount of 'being ready' will transform this team from a 50% side to a play-off side.
    Oviedo agrees with Chadman. If we make the cuts we need to set do a "reset" and lay the base for the future then I think we are looking at 8-8 again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Oviedo agrees with Chadman. If we make the cuts we need to set do a "reset" and lay the base for the future then I think we are looking at 8-8 again.
    You 2 are clearly off your rockers. I'm thinking 19-0 and being the first to 7.

Legend

User Info Menu

What exactly have we seen from Wallace as far as his personality & attitude go? Most of the percieved 'bad attitude' from Wallace is exactly that- percieved. Something that a few fans have built into a quasi-truth about him- how he doesn't train hard, doesn't try, is a bad team mate.... has that EVER actually been reported?

The ONLY 'bad' thing that has actually come from his mouth is when he candidly said that because he isn't the focus in attack the way he was under Arians, that the Haley offense causes him to have lapses in concentration.

Every other 'bad' thing we read/talk about/hear about on Wallace is conjecture based on fan-hate.

On the other hand, how many times do we see Antonio Brown taunting the opposition?
    taunting the opposition is a negative? LOL... nah... that has no bearing on work ethic or team moral. Pouncey is always wolfing or mixing it up with the opposition. Is that bad too?

IMO you are trying real hard to paint Brown in Wallace's negative light. Brown has nothing to do with how Wallace is perceived IMO.... Wallace may be a good guy but fans have soured on him and feel he didn't give 100% last year. IMO he short armed and gave up on too many plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    taunting the opposition is a negative? LOL... nah... that has no bearing on work ethic or team moral. Pouncey is always wolfing or mixing it up with the opposition. Is that bad too?

IMO you are trying real hard to paint Brown in Wallace's negative light. Brown has nothing to do with how Wallace is perceived IMO.... Wallace may be a good guy but fans have soured on him and feel he didn't give 100% last year. IMO he short armed and gave up on too many plays.
    This!!!! Wallace doesn't want to stay a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

That's exactly what Chadman is trying to do. Trying to achieve some sort of balance. Wallace is not the ogre people want him to be, and he is not easily replaced as some think he might be.

Is Brown a bad guy? No way. But Brown is nearly idolised on here, while Wallace is blamed for everything. Brown was just as guilty as Wallace for making bad plays in 2012- and had less financial reasons for doing so. But Brown gets a free pass & Wallace is pitchforked.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

That's exactly what Chadman is trying to do. Trying to achieve some sort of balance. Wallace is not the ogre people want him to be, and he is not easily replaced as some think he might be.

Is Brown a bad guy? No way. But Brown is nearly idolised on here, while Wallace is blamed for everything. Brown was just as guilty as Wallace for making bad plays in 2012- and had less financial reasons for doing so. But Brown gets a free pass & Wallace is pitchforked.
    But why is Brown "idolized" as you believe? Quite simply he has always come across as a team first player who made the long term commitment to the team when Wallace balked. That is a Wallace issue not Brown. Blame Wallace for his bumbling of the negotiations with the Steelers and overreaching on what he was asking for. Maybe Brown is just smarter with public relations, but I really think his psyche is less about a sense of entitlement that Wallace seems to have. Brown seems to more readily embrace how fortunate he is to be doing what he is doing for who he is doing it for. That resonates with people. Again, those are Wallace problems not Brown problems.

If you know anything about the city of Pittsburgh and Steelers fan it should be that at heart they are in spirit, whether or not in reality, very "blue collar" and that shapes their perceptions about their sports heroes. The appearance and the act of loyalty means alot which is why Mario Lemieux is worshipped and Barry Bonds, and Wallace to a far lesser extent, is despised.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A ntonio Brown is poised to lead the offense DahnTahn (Down Town) hoping the rest of the team follows so we can score more and often N'at!

Believe!

Btw, We'll need some in the process [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAGLkyxQG0&feature=player_detailpage[/url] BOOM!
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-13-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't seen anyone make excuses for Brown's mistakes this year. He received tons of blame for the Dallas game (warranted)...

but the reason Wallace gets all the hate is because it "appears" like he was dogging it at times this year and he even said he lacked focus at times because he didn't feel involved. The problem is he was targeted more but his mind was playing tricks on him because he was salty.

..and Wallace turned down a contract so it was his decision to play on the cheap. Flacco did the same thing (to an extent) and played lights out football and proved why he should get paid.

Wallace made sure Wallace had less financial reasons and he did it when we had a new OC.