Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Has The Right Attitude

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    There is not anything wrong with thinking about one's self. You can like it or not but Wallace is going to get paid somewhere.
    To paraphrase:

"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back of the jersey"

I believe that. The Steelers organization is eternal and the players are all replaceable carbon units.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The title of the article was "Brown working hard, ready to lead."

I agree with the first part. He is working hard this offseason, and that's great.

But as for being ready to be a leader...Why is he working out by himself? People always work out better when there is someone there with them rather than alone. You compete against each other, build team chemistry, and all get better together.

If he were a leader, wouldn't he try getting his fellow wideouts to work out with him? In addition to the standard cardio and lifting work, wouldn't he try to convince a QB to come throw him some passes, and some of the corners to cover him as he was working on his routes?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The title of the article was "Brown working hard, ready to lead."

I agree with the first part. He is working hard this offseason, and that's great.

But as for being ready to be a leader...Why is he working out by himself? People always work out better when there is someone there with them rather than alone. You compete against each other, build team chemistry, and all get better together.

If he were a leader, wouldn't he try getting his fellow wideouts to work out with him? In addition to the standard cardio and lifting work, wouldn't he try to convince a QB to come throw him some passes, and some of the corners to cover him as he was working on his routes?
    I think the point is that, right now, Brown might be the only guy working out like this...

That is not to say that a group workout isn't in the future, but right now, Brown is setting an example...and the Steelers are putting that on blast on the website so that everyone can see the example...

Legend

User Info Menu

God forbid a WR works hard and gets some pub...

Legend

User Info Menu

If he stops the stupid taunting that crept into his game, he'd go a long way to being a better leader...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Who's to say that things would had worked out any differently for Holmes or Plax if they remained Steelers? Holmes had "issues" before he joined the Steelers. Joining the Steelers didn't change Holmes as a person. Follow me?
    Staying with the Steelers isn't the point or issue. It's the me, me, me, me-first attitude that gets some of these guys in trouble and takes away from their potential. Holmes, Plax, TO, Ochocinco, etc...

I don't know AB or MW personally. I'd prefer my son to be more like myself or someone I knew as opposed to someone I don't know.
    Well, yeah, of course. But that's besides the point. The point is... Given what we've seen from AB and MW, The AB personality/attitude is far more, preferable.
    Last edited by Eich; 02-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, yeah, of course. But that's besides the point. The point is... Given what we've seen from AB and MW, The AB personality/attitude is far more, preferable.
    What exactly have we seen from Wallace as far as his personality & attitude go? Most of the percieved 'bad attitude' from Wallace is exactly that- percieved. Something that a few fans have built into a quasi-truth about him- how he doesn't train hard, doesn't try, is a bad team mate.... has that EVER actually been reported?

The ONLY 'bad' thing that has actually come from his mouth is when he candidly said that because he isn't the focus in attack the way he was under Arians, that the Haley offense causes him to have lapses in concentration.

Every other 'bad' thing we read/talk about/hear about on Wallace is conjecture based on fan-hate.

On the other hand, how many times do we see Antonio Brown taunting the opposition?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What exactly have we seen from Wallace as far as his personality & attitude go? Most of the percieved 'bad attitude' from Wallace is exactly that- percieved. Something that a few fans have built into a quasi-truth about him- how he doesn't train hard, doesn't try, is a bad team mate.... has that EVER actually been reported?

The ONLY 'bad' thing that has actually come from his mouth is when he candidly said that because he isn't the focus in attack the way he was under Arians, that the Haley offense causes him to have lapses in concentration.

Every other 'bad' thing we read/talk about/hear about on Wallace is conjecture based on fan-hate.

On the other hand, how many times do we see Antonio Brown taunting the opposition?
    C'mon brother....we all saw the lack of effort from Wallace last season. You could see his lack of preparation all season, not to mention his lack of focus. Wallace held out and it effected his attitude and focus for an entire season. Do we really want that type of player on the team? I was a Wallace supporter until his lack of effort cost my team chances in games they lost. I can remember several occasions last year where Wallace cost the Steelers big time....Baltimore @ home (big fumble deep in Steeler territory) / no effort on big 3rd down late in 4th quarter where he could have put the team in a much more favorable position with just a little effort. Dallas....quiting on Ben's interception allowing the Cowboys to run the ball back inside the 5. That's just 2 to name many where you could tell he just didn't care because he wasn't getting paid. That is shameful.

Yes, Antonio also had some huge mistakes last season. He probably cost the team two games himself with huge fumbles and yes I wish he would quit his Santonio Holmes impersonation but he also showed effort when making those mistakes. He was trying to make a play and lost the ball but at least it wasn't a lack of effort or care for his team and teammates. That's where Mike Wallace failed himself, the Steelers and his peers. I hope he gets his money and I really don't want him in the AFC North but if it happens so be it. I just don't want him on my team anymore.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    C'mon brother....we all saw the lack of effort from Wallace last season. You could see his lack of preparation all season, not to mention his lack of focus. Wallace held out and it effected his attitude and focus for an entire season. Do we really want that type of player on the team? I was a Wallace supporter until his lack of effort cost my team chances in games they lost. I can remember several occasions last year where Wallace cost the Steelers big time....Baltimore @ home (big fumble deep in Steeler territory) / no effort on big 3rd down late in 4th quarter where he could have put the team in a much more favorable position with just a little effort. Dallas....quiting on Ben's interception allowing the Cowboys to run the ball back inside the 5. That's just 2 to name many where you could tell he just didn't care because he wasn't getting paid. That is shameful.

Yes, Antonio also had some huge mistakes last season. He probably cost the team two games himself with huge fumbles and yes I wish he would quit his Santonio Holmes impersonation but he also showed effort when making those mistakes. He was trying to make a play and lost the ball but at least it wasn't a lack of effort or care for his team and teammates. That's where Mike Wallace failed himself, the Steelers and his peers. I hope he gets his money and I really don't want him in the AFC North but if it happens so be it. I just don't want him on my team anymore.
    The truth of Wallace's effort and attitude probably fits somewhere between your version of events, and Chadman's.

If he didn't put in, as is believed, he sill managed to outperform the other Steeler WR's. What does that say for either the efforts of the other Steeler WR's, or (cringe), the ability of the other WR's, if a half-effort WR that 'can't catch in traffic', or in fact, catch anything if a defender is within half a field of him (as some would like us to believe), has more catches (than all but Brown- and even then, how much difference was there?), more yards, more TD's?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

THe only WR I see making an effort every time I watch him is Manny Sanders. He's not as talented as Wallace or as explosive as Brown. But he looks like he's trying to make an impact on every play.

But even Manny doesn't have his head on straight trying to act like the other WRs at times.

We need a new WR badly. Ben's been hamstrung by his WRs since Santonio left. I think it has cost us at least one SuperBowl. Brown needs to work on more than his athleticism.