Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Antonio Brown Has The Right Attitude

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But why is Brown "idolized" as you believe? Quite simply he has always come across as a team first player who made the long term commitment to the team when Wallace balked. That is a Wallace issue not Brown. Blame Wallace for his bumbling of the negotiations with the Steelers and overreaching on what he was asking for. Maybe Brown is just smarter with public relations, but I really think his psyche is less about a sense of entitlement that Wallace seems to have. Brown seems to more readily embrace how fortunate he is to be doing what he is doing for who he is doing it for. That resonates with people. Again, those are Wallace problems not Brown problems.

If you know anything about the city of Pittsburgh and Steelers fan it should be that at heart they are in spirit, whether or not in reality, very "blue collar" and that shapes their perceptions about their sports heroes. The appearance and the act of loyalty means alot which is why Mario Lemieux is worshipped and Barry Bonds, and Wallace to a far lesser extent, is despised.
    you forgot Jagr

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Give me AB and Tavon Austin or Stedman Bailey on the same team and we won't really miss Wallace at all.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Give me AB and Tavon Austin or Stedman Bailey on the same team and we won't really miss Wallace at all.
    I like Austin in the 2nd, but give me Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Sanders, Cotchery, and Cobi Hamilton. I'd be happy with that WR corp in a hot minute.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

MONDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2013
    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

--- Apparaently @AntonioBrown84 is catching flack for writing this on Twitter last night: “Praises be to Allah.’

That’s it. Here’s a take on it from Amber Lee, a Pittsburgh native blogging in Washington, D.C.:
    Amber Lee (@blamberr)

2/18/13

Steelers' Antonio Brown: Praises Allah on Twitter, Enrages Followers wp.me/p1WlcD-f7 @HuffingtonPost @PittsburghPG @EdBouchette

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/119910-ed-scratch-ogletree-as-possible-steelers-pick[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    MONDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2013
    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

--- Apparaently @AntonioBrown84 is catching flack for writing this on Twitter last night: “Praises be to Allah.’

That’s it. Here’s a take on it from Amber Lee, a Pittsburgh native blogging in Washington, D.C.:
    Amber Lee (@blamberr)

2/18/13

Steelers' Antonio Brown: Praises Allah on Twitter, Enrages Followers wp.me/p1WlcD-f7 @HuffingtonPost @PittsburghPG @EdBouchette

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/119910-ed-scratch-ogletree-as-possible-steelers-pick[/URL]
    Where's Mendy when you need him?

If this is true- if fans are ripping into him for this- then that is pretty sad.

Rip him for his play- sure, but for his beliefs?

Next thing you know, we'll be running him out of town Mendenhall-style..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE