Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    don't know their cap situation, but, Arizona seems to make the most sense to me... him back with Arians, who likes the deep ball... and on the other side of Fitz... scary.
    They have the worst QBs, top to bottom, as any team in the NFL. Who is gonna get him the ball? I think the Skins are the most likely.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this thread has shown anything, there are a number of teams that could make a play for Wallace, who could have a robust market. If the Steelers can clear the cap space, I would still like to see them franchise and trade him. If you didn't get a first last year, you won't get one this year, but maybe you get a second or a third? If you don't get a trade offer you like, you can anticipate that he'll hold out again and you can pull the tag.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If this thread has shown anything, there are a number of teams that could make a play for Wallace, who could have a robust market. If the Steelers can clear the cap space, I would still like to see them franchise and trade him. If you didn't get a first last year, you won't get one this year, but maybe you get a second or a third? If you don't get a trade offer you like, you can anticipate that he'll hold out again and you can pull the tag.
    Franchise and trade would be great, but where are you going to get the space?

Factor in for Restricted Free Agents, Lewis, and the rookie salary pool you have to set aside.

All this in addition to being 12 million over the cap already and there is no way to clear enough room to franchise Wallace for a trade.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Rookie

User Info Menu

let the bum go he can drop passes over there

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    They have the worst QBs, top to bottom, as any team in the NFL. Who is gonna get him the ball? I think the Skins are the most likely.
    Kevin Kolb is solid... we forget him cuz of the injuries.. He'll be back, starting.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Any team that has a good QB, mike will help and probably do well, but if he goes somewhere with a lousy QB he'll ride into the sunset and we won't hear much about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Franchise and trade would be great, but where are you going to get the space?

Factor in for Restricted Free Agents, Lewis, and the rookie salary pool you have to set aside.

All this in addition to being 12 million over the cap already and there is no way to clear enough room to franchise Wallace for a trade.
    It would be next to impossible, I agree. That was more of a wish than a serious thought...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's very unlikely the Steelers will have any money at all to sign FA's. It's going to be a challenge just for them to sign their own and get cap compliant.
    The draft is our only option at this point, our hope is the picks we choose can contribute to the team, and possibly get a starter or two in the near future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    let the bum go he can drop passes over there

yep... he will definitely have some big catches but you will see him disappear and disappoint in games as well. He isn't worth the money IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    I never thought the deep ball was Bens strong point. To me Ben has no touch on it when it comes to throwing an accurate rainbow so, Wallace was not always getting the ball to him as needed. In addition to that, Wallace needs a QB to put the ball in is hands because seldom do you see Wallace fight for a ball or have sticky fingers.
    It is what it is with this because it's all about money for Wallace and he's welcomed to it. We don't have a corner that can cover him, a front office that can pay him or a quarterback that can get him the ball or an OC that has that type of pass game in mind.

I'd like to keep Wallace but I have to say, no one vanishes quicker than Wallace in the big games. We've won championship games without him and that's how I see it.
    If you "never thought the deep ball was Bens strong point", then you simply haven't been paying attention too well. Ben's career YPA is among the top current QB's in the game.