Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, some people within the Steelers organization believe that wide receiver Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns, since they have so much cap room.

"The Browns have about $30 million in space and will be big spenders under new owner Jimmy Haslam and team president Joe Banner. Many in the Steelers organization believe Wallace will end up with their division rivals in Cleveland (Haslam was a former minority owner of the Steelers), and the Browns could make a play for a pass rusher like Kruger, too. There’s no doubt the Browns need a number one receiver and they have the money to get one this offseason."

[url]http://profootballzone.com/nfl/steelers-reportedly-believe-mike-wallace-could-end-up-with-the-browns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+ProFootballZone+%28Pro+Football+Zone%29[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good , let's see his career go down the drain.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm thinking Wallace goes to the Colts, they also have cap room and a good QB. They could make some noise with Wayne & Wallace pounding secondary's.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Wallace does go to the Browns and we get two chances a year to decapitate him coming across the middle.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

people who want to see wallace go to a division rival are letting their animosity cloud their sensibility.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    people who want to see wallace go to a division rival are letting their animosity cloud their sensibility.
    Was thinking the same thing. The Browns won't be crap forever, and let's name the Steeler DB that can keep up with Wallace...

That said, the Patriots are likely to shed Brandon Lloyd & lose Wes Welker. If you like having a bet, reckon things are falling in place there...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace is going to be lethal paired across from TY Hilton in Indy with Andrew Luck throwing to him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Why? Should we fear a one trick pony who can't catch a ball if there is another human being within 5' of him?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Why? Should we fear a one trick pony who can't catch a ball if there is another human being within 5' of him?
    I got news for you, Wallace is going to double his receptions if he lands with a team that has a good QB like the Colts. Wallace, Wayne ,. and their other top receiver will become SURE money.

Say what you want about Wallace but we will miss him and that you can take to the bank.

Now if he goes to a team like New England, I don't care who we have @ CB he'll make Lewis or Swaggin seem like Harvey Clayton.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I never thought the deep ball was Bens strong point. To me Ben has no touch on it when it comes to throwing an accurate rainbow so, Wallace was not always getting the ball to him as needed. In addition to that, Wallace needs a QB to put the ball in is hands because seldom do you see Wallace fight for a ball or have sticky fingers.
    It is what it is with this because it's all about money for Wallace and he's welcomed to it. We don't have a corner that can cover him, a front office that can pay him or a quarterback that can get him the ball or an OC that has that type of pass game in mind.

I'd like to keep Wallace but I have to say, no one vanishes quicker than Wallace in the big games. We've won championship games without him and that's how I see it.