Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I got news for you, Wallace is going to double his receptions if he lands with a team that has a good QB like the Colts. Wallace, Wayne ,. and their other top receiver will become SURE money.

Say what you want about Wallace but we will miss him and that you can take to the bank.

Now if he goes to a team like New England, I don't care who we have @ CB he'll make Lewis or Swaggin seem like Harvey Clayton.
    I think Indy or Carolina Panthers will be a great fit for Wallace.

I am not sure though that Mike Wallace will flourish in New England. Mike Wallace is a great one trick pony and the best Steelers WR..but he aint Randy Moss..I don't think Tom Brady has the best deep ball in the game..and when reality hits MW that Gronk is their numero uno he will sulk..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Browns already have a developing deep threat in Josh Gordon...he averaged over 16 YpC and scored 5 TDs as a rookie...

If you already have that guy on your roster, why would you pay an exhorbitant amount of money for Wallace?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let me clarify, that if we lose Wallace I rather him go to a team with a mediocre QB like the Browns instead of a team like the Colts or a Ne.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I come up with five teams that Wallace could be playing for in 2013:

Miami * Need a WR like Mike but it might not be the best fit for him.

Colts The Colts would probably be the best fit for Wallace to flourish, with him added to their receiver corps they would be explosive, and they have the QB to get him the ball.

Vikings Like the Dolphins the Vikes might not be the best fit, but if the money is right who knows.

New England The Pats always look for ways to diversify their offense, they utilize the TE's big time and the short passing game, however having a deep threat like Wallace would just make them more dangerous than they already are.

Washington Boy RGIII would love to have a compliment to Garson, this also could be a good fit for Wallace, a good QB and playoff caliber team.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-12-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colts The Colts would probably be the best fit for Wallace to flourish, with him added to their receiver corps they would be explosive, and they have the QB to get him the ball.

Vikings Like the Dolphins the Vikes might not be the best fit, but if the money is right who knows.

New England The Pats always look for ways to diversify their offense, they utilize the TE's big time and the short passing game, however having a deep threat like Wallace would just make them more dangerous than they already are.

Washington Boy RGIII would love to have a compliment to Garson, this also could be a good fit for Wallace, a good QB and playoff caliber team.
    I also see Seattle taking a run at him
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Browns won't be crap forever, and let's name the Steeler DB that can keep up with Wallace...
    Let's name a Browns QB that can throw to him...

Rookie

User Info Menu

While Washington may be a good fit, they just spent fairly heavily on two FA WRs last season...but, with Daniel Snyder, who knows?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace is on team Mike Wallace.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the Rams would be a good fit for Wallace. They have Bradford as their QB and Amendola as the possession guy. Adding a vertical receiver like Wallace would open things up for them.

I would like to see Wallace stay in Black and Gold for a reasonable salary but I realize that probably isn't happening.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

don't know their cap situation, but, Arizona seems to make the most sense to me... him back with Arians, who likes the deep ball... and on the other side of Fitz... scary.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas