Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,082

    Steelers reportedly believe Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns

    According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, some people within the Steelers organization believe that wide receiver Mike Wallace could end up with the Browns, since they have so much cap room.

    "The Browns have about $30 million in space and will be big spenders under new owner Jimmy Haslam and team president Joe Banner. Many in the Steelers organization believe Wallace will end up with their division rivals in Cleveland (Haslam was a former minority owner of the Steelers), and the Browns could make a play for a pass rusher like Kruger, too. There’s no doubt the Browns need a number one receiver and they have the money to get one this offseason."

    http://profootballzone.com/nfl/steel...otball+Zone%29

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,960
    Good , let's see his career go down the drain.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    I'm thinking Wallace goes to the Colts, they also have cap room and a good QB. They could make some noise with Wayne & Wallace pounding secondary's.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,554
    I hope Wallace does go to the Browns and we get two chances a year to decapitate him coming across the middle.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    people who want to see wallace go to a division rival are letting their animosity cloud their sensibility.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    people who want to see wallace go to a division rival are letting their animosity cloud their sensibility.
    Was thinking the same thing. The Browns won't be crap forever, and let's name the Steeler DB that can keep up with Wallace...

    That said, the Patriots are likely to shed Brandon Lloyd & lose Wes Welker. If you like having a bet, reckon things are falling in place there...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Browns won't be crap forever, and let's name the Steeler DB that can keep up with Wallace...
    Let's name a Browns QB that can throw to him...

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    people who want to see wallace go to a division rival are letting their animosity cloud their sensibility.
    Why? Should we fear a one trick pony who can't catch a ball if there is another human being within 5' of him?

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Why? Should we fear a one trick pony who can't catch a ball if there is another human being within 5' of him?
    I got news for you, Wallace is going to double his receptions if he lands with a team that has a good QB like the Colts. Wallace, Wayne ,. and their other top receiver will become SURE money.

    Say what you want about Wallace but we will miss him and that you can take to the bank.

    Now if he goes to a team like New England, I don't care who we have @ CB he'll make Lewis or Swaggin seem like Harvey Clayton.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-11-2013 at 10:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I got news for you, Wallace is going to double his receptions if he lands with a team that has a good QB like the Colts. Wallace, Wayne ,. and their other top receiver will become SURE money.

    Say what you want about Wallace but we will miss him and that you can take to the bank.

    Now if he goes to a team like New England, I don't care who we have @ CB he'll make Lewis or Swaggin seem like Harvey Clayton.
    I think Indy or Carolina Panthers will be a great fit for Wallace.

    I am not sure though that Mike Wallace will flourish in New England. Mike Wallace is a great one trick pony and the best Steelers WR..but he aint Randy Moss..I don't think Tom Brady has the best deep ball in the game..and when reality hits MW that Gronk is their numero uno he will sulk..
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •