Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Mock

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Getting an impact player in year 1 seems to be your primary criteria for your first round pick, but not mine.

Just look at the last two Troys that we drafted in the first round.

Troy #1 was an impact player in year 1 (61 catches for 714 yards and 5 TD's), while Troy #2 was not an impact player in year 1 (no starts, 30 tackles). Over the long haul, as we all know, one is viewed as a bust, while the other is viewed as a Hall of Famer.

My primary criteria for a 1st round pick is excellence over the long haul, regardless of whether or not the player makes an immediate impact. The biggest leap in a player's career should take place between his first and second season...whatever we get out of a guy during his rookie campaign is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, this is not a knock on the Ertz pick whatsoever (in fact, he was in my first trade-down mock draft)...I like the idea of getting him in a trade down in the first or a trade up in the second, since I see Ertz and Eifert as borderline 1st/2nd round guys. I can't envision a scenario where a TE is the best player available at 17 if we stay there.

Obviously I'm not looking for a player to contribute in Year 1 and then vanish like Troy E. However, I don't accept the fact that a player needs to be invisible in Year 1 either as a trade off for future success. There is no way Troy P. shouldn't have played in year 1 except for the attitude of the Def Coord. Was there really a better DB on the team Troy P's rookie year?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Obviously I'm not looking for a player to contribute in Year 1 and then vanish like Troy E. However, I don't accept the fact that a player needs to be invisible in Year 1 either as a trade off for future success. There is no way Troy P. shouldn't have played in year 1 except for the attitude of the Def Coord. Was there really a better DB on the team Troy P's rookie year?
    Yes. Troy was not great his rookie year.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Please tell me which of the following was a better player at Safety that Troy should not of played significant time? BTW whoever it was they must not have been too good for that great 6-10 team.

• 27 Brent Alexander FS
    • 28 Chris Hope FS
    • 29 Chidi Iwuoma CB
    • 31 Mike Logan SS
    • 43 Troy Polamalu SS
    • 30 Chad Scott CB
    • 33 Russell Stuvaints SS
    • 24 Ike Taylor CB
    • 26 Deshea Townsend CB
    • 20 Dewayne Washington CB
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Absolutely right. His rookie year he took a while to adjust to the game and often looked slow when he was on the field (due to the adjustment time), hence the "Bustamalu" label.

Sunny and high 70s must mean it is time for yet another mock draft

Round 1: Zach Ertz, TE, 66 252lbs, Stanford
    Round 2: Barrett Jones, OL, 65 302lbs, Alabama
    Round 3: DJ Swearinger, S, 511 210 lbs. South Carolina
    Round 4: Jonathan Bostic, ILB, 6 1 245lbs, Florida
    Round 5: Ray Graham, RB 59 192lbs, Pitt
    Round 6: Aaron Mellete, WR, 63 216lbs, Elon
    Round 7: Collin Klein, QB, 6 5 218lbs, K State
    Love this TE... however, i wouldnt' take him in the 1st. We got bigger fish to fry...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

I about puked when they drafted Troy E... was certain they'd take Jevon kearse....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I about puked when they drafted Troy E... was certain they'd take Jevon kearse....
    I knew Torry Holt would be gone, so I was hoping for David Boston (D'Oh). When Boston was off the board, I was looking at either Kearse or OT John Tait. The Edwards pick truly shocked me right away (not with 20/20 hindsight).

Ovi, I love the picks. I have been pointing towards Ertz as our 1st rounder for some time now. It would be great if we could trade back and still take him. Only if there is a dominant pass rusher still on the board would I pass up Ertz.

I also like the 7th rounder Klein. His play is spotty at times but dynamic at other times. He could mature into a good solid backup.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If they take a TE in the 1st round, I am going to quit following them.
    Would show you to be the type of fan we know you to really be.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Would show you to be the type of fan we know you to really be.

BTW BR--like your mock in your sig. Would prefer to see a RB somewhere