Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 pre combine mock draft

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I can see that with the addition of a TE in the first 4 rounds. I think we are underestimating how important Heath is in Haley's offense and overestimating Heath's ability to come back 100% from his injury. Not everyone responds to knee surgery like Adrian Peterson.
    True.

But the demands placed upon Heath's knee will also be drastically less than Peterson as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    True.

But the demands placed upon Heath's knee will also be drastically less than Peterson as well...
    Not sure that is true if we want him to catch 50+ passes again this season. His Knees carry a much bigger body and he has to push much bigger men around. The dynamic torque may be less for Heath but the power generation may be greater.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

I noticed that a lot of draft mocks are out the past few days. I thought I was keeping track of the mocks posted by the board. But, what happens is when the mock is updated, the earlier mock is lost. Even if the original mock was saved in the post it is automatically updated I suppose.

I do think that is because the picks are used as a signature. Then when it is updated the new signature replaces the earlier mock. In order to alleviate this glitch by posting the sigs [mocks] in a post or reply then they can be saved for future reference if desired.

No comments or replies are necessary. [ That was before I abandoned the idea of making this a new thread] These drafts have already been commented on and dissected. Quite a few popped up in the past couple days.

toddjammin
    Round 1 OLB Jarvis Jones from Georgia 6 Foot 2 242 lbs (I think he may be there after all at #17)
    Round 2 WR Justin Hunter from Tennessee 6 Foot 4 200 lbs
    Round 3 FS TJ Mcdonald from USC 6 Foot 2 211 lbs
    Round 4 RB Mike Gillislee from Florida 5 Foot 11 207 lbs
    Round 5 OG Hugh Thorton from Illinois 6 foot 3 313 lbs
    Round 6 ILB Bruce Taylor from Virginia Tech 6 Foot 1 234 lbs
    Round 7A TE Ryan Griffin from Connecticut 6 Foot 6 254 lbs
    Round 7B QB Colin Klein from Kansas State 6 Foot 5 218 lbs

supersteeler

1. Xavier Rhodes CB

2. Tyler Eifert TE

3. Sean Porter OLB

4. Le'veon Bell RB

5. Shawn Williams SS

6. A.J. Klein ILB

7. Aaron Mellette WR

JUST-PLAIN_NASTY

1st (T-D) CORDARRELLE PATTERSON WR

2nd (T-D) JONATHAN CYPRIEN

3A COREY LEMONIER OLB

3B ZAVIAR GOODEN LB

4A GAVIN ESCOBAR TE

4B MARCUS DAVIS WR

5th CIERRE WOOD RB

6TH REID FRAGEL OT

7A CAMERON MARSHALL RB

7B (COMP) KYLE PADRON QB

grotonsteel

Mock Draft v1.0
    Rd1: Jarvis Jones, OLB
    Rd2: Da'Rick Rodgers, WR
    Rd3: T J Mcdonald, S
    Rd4: Jonathan Bostic, ILB
    Rd5: Ray Graham, RB

Okay going to have to abort. Can't figure out how to put them side by

side. It is getting too long in single file.

the above is what happens if the picks are not double spaced.

Mock Draft v1.0

Rd1: Jarvis Jones, OLB

Rd2: Da'Rick Rodgers, WR

Rd3: T J Mcdonald, S

Rd4: Jonathan Bostic, ILB

Rd5: Ray Graham, RB

Hmm! I previewed the post and in the preview the selections did not crunch together. If it posts that way then the double spacing was not necessary. Going to have to find another method of saving early Dee Dub and Big Rob drafts. Dee Dubs 1st one is already lost.

Is there a reason for this? Maybe yes, maybe not. But it might be interesting to see how much affect the combine and/or pro day has on draft choices.

I don't think the picks should change much. It should take some very significant event to change them. Of course, this is mainly because as a fan the opportunity to interview players, and also see how players respond when being confronted with equally talented players [the intimidation factor] is simply not available to fans. Looking forward to post combine/pro day mocks.

Hmm! I suppose there would reason to stop anyone from posting their Steeler draft in a reply. But not as a signature.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I can see that with the addition of a TE in the first 4 rounds. I think we are underestimating how important Heath is in Haley's offense and overestimating Heath's ability to come back 100% from his injury. Not everyone responds to knee surgery like Adrian Peterson.
    Just reckon that, given the current roster situation, and Salary Cap woes, that Paulsen will be given every opportunity to play, and a Vet TE will be brought in (Cooley?) or back (Pope?). This Salary Cap situation won't go away next year either. Having 2 highly paid TE's won't make much sense.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Round 1 OLB Jarvis Jones from Georgia 6 Foot 2 242 lbs (I think he may be there after all at #17)
    Round 2 WR Justin Hunter from Tennessee 6 Foot 4 200 lbs
    Round 3 FS TJ Mcdonald from USC 6 Foot 2 211 lbs
    Round 4 RB Mike Gillislee from Florida 5 Foot 11 207 lbs
    Round 5 OG Hugh Thorton from Illinois 6 foot 3 313 lbs
    Round 6 ILB Bruce Taylor from Virginia Tech 6 Foot 1 234 lbs
    Round 7A TE Ryan Griffin from Connecticut 6 Foot 6 254 lbs
    Round 7B QB Colin Klein from Kansas State 6 Foot 5 218 lbs
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Pre-Combine mock, huh? Hmm.... not bad, but in Chadman's mind...

1. SS Matt Elam
    2. RB Joseph Randle
    3. WR Cobi Hamilton
    4. OG Omoregie Uzzi
    5. NT Kwame Geathers
    6. OLB Eric Martin
    7. CB Travis Howard
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see most of us have 7 picks in our mock draft, but actually we have 2 picks in the seventh when we sent Gay to Arizona right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I see most of us have 7 picks in our mock draft, but actually we have 2 picks in the seventh when we sent Gay to Arizona right?
    Not sure if that's been decided yet. If the Steelers get a compensatory pick, it'll depend on Gay's contract value & production as to what round the pick comes in. Didn't Gay start all year? If so, that might bump the pick up to a 5th.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not sure if that's been decided yet. If the Steelers get a compensatory pick, it'll depend on Gay's contract value & production as to what round the pick comes in. Didn't Gay start all year? If so, that might bump the pick up to a 5th.
    I believe he did start, hey if we get a 5 pick thats even better especially with AZ picking early.

From what I read he started 15 games for the Cards with 45 tk's 12 ast, 1 sack and two Int's....not bad.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers won't get the Cardinals 5th round pick- they'll just get a 5th tacked on at the end of the round.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT