Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 pre combine mock draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

2013 pre combine mock draft

Round 1 OLB Jarvis Jones from Georgia 6 Foot 2 242 lbs (I think he may be there after all at #17)
    Round 2 WR Justin Hunter from Tennessee 6 Foot 4 200 lbs
    Round 3 FS TJ Mcdonald from USC 6 Foot 2 211 lbs
    Round 4 RB Mike Gillislee from Florida 5 Foot 11 207 lbs
    Round 5 OG Hugh Thorton from Illinois 6 foot 3 313 lbs
    Round 6 ILB Bruce Taylor from Virginia Tech 6 Foot 1 234 lbs
    Round 7A TE Ryan Griffin from Connecticut 6 Foot 6 254 lbs
    Round 7B QB Colin Klein from Kansas State 6 Foot 5 218 lbs

Rookie

User Info Menu

i really like this draft,not sure about McDonald,and i would take Stoneburner at te!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's a solid draft there Todd, my only exception would be running back. I like the kid from Michigan State Le'veon Bell @ number four.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm with you on Jones. If he falls, that's a no brainer pick (and I'm seeing more and more mocks with him falling, because he's undersized for a 4-3 DE, and people worry about USC telling him he should quit football once upon a time). Dude's got a non-stop motor on the field, and our defense can certainly use a young relentless playmaker out there.

My next 3 picks were at the same positions as you, but I took different guys. Baylor's Williams as our 2nd round wideout instead of Tennessee's Hunter, Oklahoma's Jefferson as our 3rd round safety instead of USC's McDonald, and taking a chance on South Carolina's Lattimore as our 4th round running back instead of Florida's Gillislee.

Strangely enough, I also have us taking a guard, tight end, and quarterback on day three, but again, my 3 are different (Cornell's Tretter, Alabama's Williams, and Vanderbilt's Rodgers, respectively). The only position that you took that I didn't was an ILB (I took a CB instead, Webb from William & Mary).

Overall...it seems like we are on a very similar wavelength. Nice mock...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jones's medical would make me pass on him even if he was there. To be honest, a player with his production that doesn't come off the board at the latest in the Top 10 means there are major concerns. So if he slides all the way to #17...Let him keep sliding.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Jones's medical would make me pass on him even if he was there. To be honest, a player with his production that doesn't come off the board at the latest in the Top 10 means there are major concerns. So if he slides all the way to #17...Let him keep sliding.
    I hear you, but this is just a pre-combine mock. Perhaps they'll know more about his situation after the combine?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I hear you, but this is just a pre-combine mock. Perhaps they'll know more about his situation after the combine?
    I'm sure the Jones medical probe will be severe. Given the nature of his diagnosis associated with the sport & his position....He is a high risk regardless of the outcome. Like I said, if he is there at #17 the medical is a concern for 16 teams so I'm passing too. A player of Jones's caliber who is at no more of a risk than anyone else in the draft would not be in our conversation at #17. This is my opinion...I'm not a Rooney...But I wouldn't have him rated as a 1st rounder on my board. I would not be interested with the risk of investment and liabilty of a player at #17 with his condition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pre-Combine mock, huh? Hmm.... not bad, but in Chadman's mind...

1. SS Matt Elam
    2. RB Joseph Randle
    3. WR Cobi Hamilton
    4. OG Omoregie Uzzi
    5. NT Kwame Geathers
    6. OLB Eric Martin
    7. CB Travis Howard
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

1. SS Matt Elam
    2. RB Joseph Randle
    3. WR Cobi Hamilton
    4. OG Omoregie Uzzi
    5. NT Kwame Geathers
    6. OLB Eric Martin
    7. CB Travis Howard
    I can see that with the addition of a TE in the first 4 rounds. I think we are underestimating how important Heath is in Haley's offense and overestimating Heath's ability to come back 100% from his injury. Not everyone responds to knee surgery like Adrian Peterson.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

1. SS Matt Elam
    2. RB Joseph Randle
    3. WR Cobi Hamilton
    4. OG Omoregie Uzzi
    5. NT Kwame Geathers
    6. OLB Eric Martin
    7. CB Travis Howard
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.