Thread: I will refuse to get giddy.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....from this year's draft, as I did last year. I really thought they had a kick butt draft, but as we saw, we got almost zero help from last year's draft.

However, that being said.....

2012 draft could still end up amazing.

1. DeCastro - Could still be the perennial pro bowler he was believe to be. Why not?

2. Adams - Could still be an above average LT for the next decade.

3. Spense - If he recovers from knee injury, could still be a special player. He has all the intangibles and instincts and love to hit.

4. T'amu - We don't know. Was supposed to have all the tools needed to dominate at NT.

5. Rainey - Looked like he could have been a nice piece; perhaps they were too quick to dump him, the bigger charges on him were dropped to simple assault or something minor.

Plus Paulson could be decent.

I won't assume we hit the jackpot like I did after last year's draft, but I am not ready to give up on 2012 picks either.
    Why refuse to get giddy? Do you want to deprive yourself of happiness. Last year's draft WAS a good one. But, picks got hurt or screwed up in their personal lives. It happens. If you like this year's draft haul, then you should celebrate.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Why refuse to get giddy? Do you want to deprive yourself of happiness. Last year's draft WAS a good one. But, picks got hurt or screwed up in their personal lives. It happens. If you like this year's draft haul, then you should celebrate.
    It's called "managing expectations" and it's not a bad thing to do.