Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the March Massacre coming to the Steelers ?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Even without the splash plays, the defense is sound...

If the offense can score more points, the Steelers will be in good shape...

Legend

User Info Menu

Get younger... and we will get better. Whats funny is our D wasnt that bad and they showed they can compete when they older players were hurt. The problem is the offense and thats the younger unit. They have to play better and I dont think our drop off will be that large if Wallace leaves.

Peope tend to think when we lose a player the production at that spot is zero... even if the production isnt as high it may result in better team chemistry if the chains move instead of relying on the home run.

Its definitely time to cut some vets...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Even without the splash plays, the defense is sound...

If the offense can score more points, the Steelers will be in good shape...
    The Defense _WAS_ sound. But we could be looking at a D without Hampton, Harrison, Lewis and who knows who else. They could drop down to the middle of the pack with all the players they might be losing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The Defense _WAS_ sound. But we could be looking at a D without Hampton, Harrison, Lewis and who knows who else. They could drop down to the middle of the pack with all the players they might be losing.
    Nah, as long as Mr.LeBeau is here this defense will always be good, and BTW, we'll have two Pro Bowl O-linemen selected at the end of next season, Pouncey & DeCastro......FO Wheel

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Out of those three, I would be most concerned about Lewis...

For the most part, Hampton wasn't special last season...

Also, James Harrison has missed a lot of time (for him) over the last two seasons...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Get younger... and we will get better. Whats funny is our D wasnt that bad and they showed they can compete when they older players were hurt. The problem is the offense and thats the younger unit. They have to play better and I dont think our drop off will be that large if Wallace leaves.
    However, you are still expecting at least some drop off on the O. This from a team that had the 21st ranked O. Add to that, losing D stalwarts. Unless we are going to start scoring more on ST's, this spells trouble to me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No worries Sugar, Colbert gave Omar Kahn a Scapel and he will perform a laparoscopic function to restore the core, however there will be some loss, but the healing time will be sooner.
    Some fine tuning and we'll be ready to compete.....I hope.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    No worries Sugar, Colbert gave Omar Kahn a Scapel and he will perform a laparoscopic function to restore the core, however there will be some loss, but the healing time will be sooner.
    Some fine tuning and we'll be ready to compete.....I hope.
    I hear you. We lost Joey Porter and James Harrison wound up being even better. I can only hope that the drop off from Harrison to Worilds brings us back to a Porter-level player, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just really hate the idea of seeing guys like Deebo, Troy or Keisel in a Bengals, Seahawks or Cardinals jersey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It seemed that Worilds was more explosive filling in for Woodley coming off of that side. Would it make any sense to have Woodley and Keisel coming off the same side and move Woodley to that side?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Peope tend to think when we lose a player the production at that spot is zero... even if the production isnt as high it may result in better team chemistry if the chains move instead of relying on the home run.

Its definitely time to cut some vets...
    I'm not sure I agree with the fact the defense competed with the younger players. The beginning of the year without Troy and James the defense wasn't exactly killing it. As Harrison worked back to health and Troy got on the field late in the season the defense was beginning to dominate some games. I'm not sure I'd credit the young guys a whole lot yet.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount