Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    He didn't claim to be in on the Steelers' training. He claimed to have been in their training room a long time ago.

I've met a couple of guys who claimed to have been in NFL training rooms (and who I believe were telling the truth). They were not NFL players, although they were both related to one. I wouldn't be surprised to find another such on a steelers bboard. They're not as uncommon as you'd think.
    I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Now I'm qualified to critique the Steelers training staff.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hemorrhoids, errrr lyodroid will clear all this up when he gets home from school.

5th grade is tough y'all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Considering no injuries on the OL is not the norm but rather an exception...I see why SF was successful rather than a question about the Steelers training.
    True, but Pgh's history of OL injuries is not the norm either - it is exceptionally high. You DO realize that, right? Therefore, looking into their training and conditioning practices IS appropriate.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    hemorrhoids, errrr lyodroid will clear all this up when he gets home from school.

5th grade is tough y'all.
    Mods, do you enforce board rules?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Now I'm qualified to critique the Steelers training staff.
    I think anyone paying attention is qualified to question the methods of the Steelers' training as their level of excessive injuries is beyond the norm. SOMETHING needs questioned. Are they doing heavy power rack work during the season? Many experts say this will lead to too many foot, ankle and knee injuries. ARE they doing heavy power rack lifting during the season or not? (It also doesn't help that they let too many players get excessively fat and sloppy, and being a fatso leads to more injuries, as your joints and ligaments have that much more additional stress to contend with.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Funny how the guy that claims to be in on the Steelers training is the one asking why the Steelers suffer 'all these injuries- maybe it's due to training?'.

Dude- maybe it's you?
    Do you have a reading and comprehension problem? Or are you just dealing with straw man arguments? I never said I was "in on the current Steelers training" - on the contrary - I was asking if anyone knew what they were doing, CLEARLY ILLUSTRATING that I did not know their current practices, but rather only their FORMER practices which were not very leading edge. Now, do you want to discuss the ACTUAL POINT or just mindlessly blather about?
    Last edited by lloydroid; 02-08-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    True, but Pgh's history of OL injuries is not the norm either - it is exceptionally high. You DO realize that, right? Therefore, looking into their training and conditioning practices IS appropriate.
    Neither is the health of the Ravens O-Line and the Niners O-Line the norm...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Only those with truly nothing to boast about use this line. Insecure much?
    Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this, if you can even see your feet. Go ahead and hate; it's all you got, after all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    True, she could be the sanitary bin cleaner... or the overpaid janitor.

Hadn't considered those options.
    There are a colossal amount of options you don't consider every day, it would appear.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I am lost here. The OP is trying to say the Steelers training methods are "old" in this thread. In other threads he makes fun of Troy P. for doing "new" training methods. This is not the OP's first argument I mean posts that go in circles. Boy I hope the mods are really watching. He is getting to crash level fast. Time for the ignore button I guess.
    Let's try to help you. First of all, stop putting words in my mouth; straw man arguments are a sign of weakness. I didn't say their training methods were "old" I merely said that a fairly long time ago, they were and I was QUESTIONING what their current methods were, since there is such an obvious trend of injuries, especially to the big guys. I QUESTIONED what their current training methods were, something that no one in here seems able to answer. Secondly, the two points are not mutually exclusive: It is indeed possible for both points to be true. That is, Steelers MAYBE using antiquated methods AND Troy's past methods may be lacking in their OWN WAY. BOTH points can be true - they can both exist. They are NOT mutually exclusive. Can you grasp this concept? Please try. If Pgh has their big guys training heavy on the power rack during the season, it would be ill advised. If Troy training without any weights heavier than 20 lbs, as it has been reported, that method may be lacking as well. Try to comprehend those points.

Now, does anyone want to actually address the original post or is all you can do is offer ad hominem attacks?