Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Question: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen.

I don't believe anyone can answer that until a detailed investigation is put into play. The FO alluded to the rash of injuries and they also are looking into why they occured on a consistent basis.
    Injuries are part of the game as we know, but when you have the amount we had especially on the o-line for the last three years something is wrong, it can't be just by accident.

I think the FO is very concerned about this, and will take the steps to find out the reasons to the best of their ability. The findings could make an impact on reducing these injuries not only for the Steelers but other teams as well.
    Here is this.

[url]http://www.stack.com/2010/11/16/in-season-lifting-for-football-players/[/url]

I don't know what they are thinking but they have players lifting the day after a game. Huh? They say "unless you are too sore, and if so wait another 24 hours." Huh? Most NFL players say it takes them an hour just to get out of bed. Who on God's green earth isn't too beat up the day after the game to lift? And this specifies football "pros" so it's not just addressing pee wee players.

But I think it's safe to say: If Pgh is having it's players doing heavy squats, dead lifts and clean and jerks during the season, we can start to figure out their injury problem right there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Anyone is perfectly well suited to ignore me should they choose to do so. Once again, pot meet kettle. You bring it on yourself.
    Re-read this thread. When was I making ad hominem attacks? When were you? Try to deal with reality and what really happened. You are not showcasing any clear, rational thought. You claim others are boasting, and yet, you gave YOURSELF a screen name incorporating "BIG" - which is as self-aggrandizing as it gets. No one would need to use the "ignore" function if you stopped the name calling, which is against board rules.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Here is this.

[URL]http://www.stack.com/2010/11/16/in-season-lifting-for-football-players/[/URL]

I don't know what they are thinking but they have players lifting the day after a game. Huh? They say "unless you are too sore, and if so wait another 24 hours." Huh? Most NFL players say it takes them an hour just to get out of bed. Who on God's green earth isn't too beat up the day after the game to lift? And this specifies football "pros" so it's not just addressing pee wee players.

But I think it's safe to say: If Pgh is having it's players doing heavy squats, dead lifts and clean and jerks during the season, we can start to figure out their injury problem right there.
    Interesting and meaningless article.

This article says most NFL teams have their players do this. So it doesn't have any real bearing on the Steelers or why they have injuries.

This guy says lifting this way is key to:

On both the college and professional levels, most teams have at least two lifting regimens a week during the season. NFL players are weighed weekly to make sure they maintain their ideal playing weight, and pumping iron is a key component to ensure their hard-earned muscles aren’t wasting away. In-season workouts are crucial to maintaining lean mass, working out soreness, preventing injuries, and staying explosive on the field.
    Perhaps the Steelers aren't doing this and that is the problem. Not the other way around.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is this.

[URL]http://www.stack.com/2010/11/16/in-season-lifting-for-football-players/[/URL]

You found a link, but what are your qualifications? Are you a professional trainer? Have an advanced degree?

In issues of health and fitness, there are often differing schools of thought.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    You found a link, but what are your qualifications? Are you a professional trainer? Have an advanced degree?

In issues of health and fitness, there are often differing schools of thought.
    Great differing opinions. And guess what? If one of those with "differing opinions" constantly has their OLmen injured, how much credit do their "differing opinions" have? Many experts say doing too much power rack type of lifting puts extra stress on the lower body, leading to injuries. Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?
    Wow, no ad hominem attacks from you. Pot meet kettle.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some of these posts are to say the least- comical. Thanks.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You can eliminate one factor after this year.. Sean Kugler. If the injuries persist like they have in the past few years, you have to look long and hard at the strength and conditioning coach. The injuries are too prevalent imo to be coincidental.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Rookie

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis never lifted the Monday after a game...until this season, when Ike Taylor finally convinced him to do so...

How did Keenan's season work out?