Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

  1. #91
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Care to explain?
    I never referenced weight; I don't even know your weight. It's just my experience that once people start spewing out, calling people "douche bags" and "d-ck heads" they tend to be dudes who aren't likely to get desire anything physical even though they pose as if they are.

  2. #92
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Now how am I supposed to judge the info if you won't give it to me? Let me decide if I believe you or not but when you don't provide anything your statements mean as much to me as my statements on the mattress mean to you. That's why I said the analogy stands. You haven't provided me any info for me to make that judgement.

    Now back to the O-line injuries ... the weight lifting regiment of the late 90's has nothing to do with their regiment now so we still don't have any information to make a judgement that their current training program is bad.
    So it's pretty obvious that I alluded to physically being in their weight room. But, now you can just say, "We have no proof you really were there." Now what? We are at the same place. Also, there are still people in that field who could be impacted, so I am not going to give out fine details. And, this is the same ownership who ran things they way I observed back in the day; have the changed their ways? Quite possibly. Is it a given that they have? No, not really. There are other aspects of the team that remain even as new coaches come and go. For instance, the team philosophy is defense first. That hasn't changed in 40 years. Are there other elements that the team keeps the same philosophy? Quite possibly. Could their mentality on training and conditioning remain similar as it once was? Possibly. All I did was ask the question: Are the Steelers doing something inherently wrong in the weight room that leads to increased injuries, especially with the big guys? It's a legit question, and everyone didn't have to freak out and call me names over it. I have seen their workouts written out on their chalkboard. And it was in-season. And most experts in the field would not agree with them in the current day. But, there is no doubt, they might have altered them since. Having lineman during heavy squats during the season could quite likely increase over all injuries, because they are putting additional stress on the ligaments and joints. I know many trainers shy away from having the big guys lift heavy free weights for this reason.

    So, when I question their mode of training and if it's leading to injuries, I deserve scorn. But Art Rooney is questioning the very same thing, and it's different.

  3. #93
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    this clown isn't worth the bandwidth, but the mods favor him because he drives traffic.

    pretty sad.
    Hmmm, that, or maybe it's because I am adhering to board rules far more strictly than those who take part in personal attacks. Just a thought. You yourself regularly delve in name calling, and yet, here you still are. Is that because you drive traffic?

  4. #94
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,322
    Originally Posted by Oviedo
    You're right. Steelers are just screwed up and not as good as other teams. We should just fire Colbert, Tomlin and the rest of the coaches. Start all over.



    Why are you resorting to a straw man argument, intellectual dishonesty and not addressing the specific subject of the post? Anyone can deal in straw man arguments, as they are the weakest, least intelligent form of discussion. Stick to the subject at hand, or shut your stink hole.




    You've got it so twisted it's ridiculous.

    A guy makes a sarcastic comment, and you're response is that he is being 'intellectually dishonest' and only capable of the 'least intelligent' form of discussion.

    You then tell him to stick to the subject or shut his stink hole.


    Quick recap:

    no 'ad hominem' attacks or anything else made at you, yet you call the guy intellectually dishonest and only capable of being an idiot.


    You bring this all on yourself.







  5. #95
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You don't think that virtually every message board engages in debate? You think this only happened here from my posting? Really? OK.
    You are catching on a bit, exceeding what appears to be your average for catching on. But missing alot too.

    This board would certainly be better without your particular way of "debate", IMO. Since you seem insufferably committed to your act, the board would be better off without you. I've seen other boards where your act would fit in, where you could be in your own kind of debate heaven. Go for it on one of those boards. Or just go.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I never referenced weight; I don't even know your weight. It's just my experience that once people start spewing out, calling people "douche bags" and "d-ck heads" they tend to be dudes who aren't likely to get desire anything physical even though they pose as if they are.
    Just so you know, I have known Chadman through message boards and facebook for probably 7 or 8 years. In all that time, I have rarely if ever seen him write an ill word to someone. He is probably one of the more pleasant people I interact with through cyber space. It's why he is one of the more respected members of this community. So, when he does speak up, it says something.

  7. #97
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Just so you know, I have known Chadman through message boards and facebook for probably 7 or 8 years. In all that time, I have rarely if ever seen him write an ill word to someone. He is probably one of the more pleasant people I interact with through cyber space. It's why he is one of the more respected members of this community. So, when he does speak up, it says something.
    Thanks Shawn- appreciate that. I like a debate, I like differing opinions. Pretty sure most of us do & that's why we are here.

    But when every post is responded into in an almost accusational manner, or every post is written to imply someone knows more than someone else- that's no longer debate & it's more about stroking an ego.

    These sorts of posters pop up every year, and we get infected by them more after a bad year.

    as I said earlier- it's a shame because he makes some decent points. But they are cleverly disguised behind a lot of showboating.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #98
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Thanks Shawn- appreciate that. I like a debate, I like differing opinions. Pretty sure most of us do & that's why we are here.

    But when every post is responded into in an almost accusational manner, or every post is written to imply someone knows more than someone else- that's no longer debate & it's more about stroking an ego.

    These sorts of posters pop up every year, and we get infected by them more after a bad year.

    as I said earlier- it's a shame because he makes some decent points. But they are cleverly disguised behind a lot of showboating.
    You know what? I think you are a good dude. And if I am not wanted here, later bros. This is a good group of quality dudes. Peace.

  9. #99
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,328
    And with that said ^^^^ maybe this 10 page thread has come to an end...Wow. And this is my 1st post on it too...

    Yea, Chadman is a good guy, even if he is like 16 hrs. ahead of us...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •