Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 99

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

  1. #71
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse...

    Stick to the subject at hand, or shut your stink hole.
    You'd be embarrassed if you only knew. But live in ignorance. It works for you
    Do you have a reading and comprehension problem?
    Now, do you want to discuss the ACTUAL POINT or just mindlessly blather about?
    Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this, if you can even see your feet. Go ahead and hate; it's all you got, after all.
    And, just checking into the reality zone, I am guessing that a poster who self proclaims size by inserting "BIG" into his self-given screen name might be the one who is self-aggrandizing; after all, we must all picture some super gargantuan guy since he does incorporate the word "big" into his name. Keep going. Your insecurities become more glaring every post. But, after all, you are "big."
    Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?
    So in your bizarro world,
    What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot?
    Wow. So innocent are we that we forget who got condescending and who was reactionary. I guess an Ivy League degree doesn't make one omnipotent. Instead of attacking the poster, refute the assertions, if you are capable. And I am sure you must be, since anyone bragging of an Ivy League degree is without fault. Soak in the irony; those who have made ad hominem attacks, unwarranted, in the past, now complain of "condescending" attitudes. You are as pure as the white driven snow. Once again, I start an appropriate, on topic thread, and am not the one dealing with the personal attacks. Oh, and excuse me if I am to believe that MDs and lawyers are the foremost authorities in NFL training and conditioning. Oh wait, they aren't. Nor are "Ivy League grads." So take your "I am an Ivy League grad, so I am smarter than everyone" attitude and ride a pony.
    ad hominem attack or not, you're a douche.

    Probably would use another d word that finishes with head, but you'd run off & dob to the mods, no doubt.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #72
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse..


















    ad hominem attack or not, you're a douche.

    Probably would use another d word that finishes with head, but you'd run off & dob to the mods, no doubt.
    He is very sensitive so he will more than likely do just that.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  3. #73
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    He is very sensitive so he will more than likely do just that.
    Fully expecting it.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  4. #74
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,119
    Chadman is advocating for the greater good of this board. I imagine there is a long lineup of members who will line up with him. I am one.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.

    This! .

  6. #76
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,207
    I want to address your post and point out some obvious conclusions that you have jumped to.

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    As I was watching the Super Bowl, and obvious trend played out in front of my two eyes: Both SF and Balt. could run plays and fully expect their OL men to not fall down with an injury every other play. They are able to play football and not suffer injuries all over the OL. As a matter of fact, I believe SF has played EVERY DOWN this year with the exact same OL in tact. EVERY down.

    We have ALL lamented over our OL injuries. but I want to know why; why do our OLmen regularly fall down to injury?

    First we haven't proved that our injury situation over a period of time is worse than the norm in the NFL. Do you have any evidence to support that our problem is greater than everybody else?

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    What is Pgh doing wrong? I am no longer going to write it off to just bad luck. There must be a reason Pgh has so many injuries. What kind of training do they have these guys doing?
    I don't know exactly but I have to assume it isn't that much different than most NFL teams. Why are you not willing to write it off to bad luck? The year GB beat us in the SB I think they put 17 players on IR. Was that bad luck or did it have something to do with their training methods?

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Are they over-working them in the weight room, leading to injuries? I have yet to hear what Pgh does specifically in the weight room, which could lead to this. For instance, do they have the fellas lifting free weights, in the power rack (squats, dead lifts) adding further stress to their legs. leading to injuries from over-working the knees, ankles, etc? Some trainers/coaches believe hitting heavy weights during the season, and preseason for that matter, just puts too much stress on the joints, ligaments, etc. and will lead to injuries. Are the Steelers clueless on this front? It is highly possible, as something is being done fricked up to make so many injuries occur.
    Why would you jump to the conclusion that the Steelers are clueless on the weight lifting program done by the Steelers during the season? Please provide us with some shred of evidence that it is highly possible that the Steelers are fricking something up that causes injuries. You seem to point to weight lifting but don't give any empirical evidence to lead us in that direction. You don't know what their program is, you don't know if it is tailored to specific individuals, you don't even know if they lift weights during the season.

    I could make the argument that we have so many injuries because they don't sleep on a posterpedic mattress. I think that makes them tight and the muscles never relax which puts undue stress on the joints which leads to injury. Other teams are sleeping on the advanced number mattress where they can dial the firmness that suits them.

    I have a buddy who works in a mattress store. He has sold mattresses to many NFL players and none of them were Steelers. He says these players always get top of the line mattresses. Why are the steelers so behind in mattress technology? Why are they so clueless on this front? How can they be so fricked up not to look into the power of the mattress?

    Now my post makes about as much sense as yours does. Maybe I should have started a new thread but I thought I would just shoe horn it in this one.

    P.S. This is not an attack against you. It might be considered one against your post.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  7. #77
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse...





















    ad hominem attack or not, you're a douche.

    Probably would use another d word that finishes with head, but you'd run off & dob to the mods, no doubt.
    This is a blatant abuse of board rules. And, you need to look up the definition of ad hominem. And in each and every case of the above responses, it was others who used ad hominem attacks before I responded, still not resorting to ad hominem attacks. But, you sure are a real tough guy, with your internet tough guy act. Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?

  8. #78
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,458
    "When the F$ck Did We Get Ice Cream?"



  9. #79
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    I want to address your post and point out some obvious conclusions that you have jumped to.
    Coolio.


    First we haven't proved that our injury situation over a period of time is worse than the norm in the NFL. Do you have any evidence to support that our problem is greater than everybody else?
    Look, even the OWNER of the team said it was bad enough that they need to explore the area. Should we ask Art 2 if he has any "evidence" that they have more injuries than normal? Why has he said it needs looked into? I don't think you need an act of Congress to realize that in the last few years, the # of injuries to our OL has been higher than normal. Just use common sense. Is it really normal to be down to your 7th-round, rookie OT to start and to having to use a TE on your OL if one more player goes down? You don't think that is excessive in terms of injuries to your OL? Is that your contention?


    I don't know exactly but I have to assume it isn't that much different than most NFL teams. Why are you not willing to write it off to bad luck? The year GB beat us in the SB I think they put 17 players on IR. Was that bad luck or did it have something to do with their training methods?
    We don't know. But we DO know that our OL has been riddled with excessive injuries for a few years now. GB did NOT have the same injury level the season following their injury-riddled one.



    Why would you jump to the conclusion that the Steelers are clueless on the weight lifting program done by the Steelers during the season? Please provide us with some shred of evidence that it is highly possible that the Steelers are fricking something up that causes injuries. You seem to point to weight lifting but don't give any empirical evidence to lead us in that direction. You don't know what their program is, you don't know if it is tailored to specific individuals, you don't even know if they lift weights during the season.
    Are you so sure about all of that? I don't know FOR SURE what they are doing now, but I do KNOW what they were doing in the late 90s. I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right. So before YOU make assumptions about what I know, you might not want to jump to conclusions and assumptions yourself.

    I could make the argument that we have so many injuries because they don't sleep on a posterpedic mattress. I think that makes them tight and the muscles never relax which puts undue stress on the joints which leads to injury. Other teams are sleeping on the advanced number mattress where they can dial the firmness that suits them.
    But you'd being doing so without any info. or insight whatsoever, making it a horrible analogy.

    I have a buddy who works in a mattress store. He has sold mattresses to many NFL players and none of them were Steelers. He says these players always get top of the line mattresses. Why are the steelers so behind in mattress technology? Why are they so clueless on this front? How can they be so fricked up not to look into the power of the mattress?
    Inaneness not worthy of response.

    Now my post makes about as much sense as yours does. Maybe I should have started a new thread but I thought I would just shoe horn it in this one.
    Well, your point DOESN'T make as much sense as mine. Have you stood in the Steelers' bedrooms and witnessed what they were sleeping on? Have you personally viewed their sleeping regime on a chalkboard? No? Than your analogy doesn't apply.

    P.S. This is not an attack against you. It might be considered one against your post.
    And the board rules and mods have no problem with that, nor do I. I am happy to respond to someone who is refuting my posts, and not resorting to ad hominem attacks. As you can see, I responded in kind.

  10. #80
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Now, this is funny. And poignant.

    I do so enjoy relationships with many on this board based on mutual interests.
    Never really wanted a debate school forum. I imagine one of those could be found elsewhere.
    You don't think that virtually every message board engages in debate? You think this only happened here from my posting? Really? OK.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •