Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't know where you can look such a thing up, but we can use this thing called "common sense." Let's put it this way: How many teams were on their 5th string OT and didn't have a single back up OLmen on their bench, having to put in a TE as a OLmen if they had 1 more injury?
    lol...yes I have no common sense. That is why I don't see what you see. There is such thing as bad luck...statistical anomolies, etc. What I want to see is hard evidence that since this regime took over that the Steelers have ranked in the bottom third when it comes to OL injury. Anything other than that is fluff or merely histrionic ramblings.

  2. #62
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...yes I have no common sense. That is why I don't see what you see. There is such thing as bad luck...statistical anomolies, etc. What I want to see is hard evidence that since this regime took over that the Steelers have ranked in the bottom third when it comes to OL injury. Anything other than that is fluff or merely histrionic ramblings.
    So in your bizarro world, it isn't obvious that Pgh has had many more injuries on the OL than average? What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot? So answer. Do you not think that Pgh's OL had a rash in injuries much higher than the average NFL team? Yes or no?
    Last edited by lloydroid; 02-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.

  3. #63
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,994
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    So in your bizarro world, it isn't obvious that Pgh has had many more injuries on the OL than average? What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot?
    In case you haven't figured it out by now (and judging by your continued posting style, you haven't), your "know-it-all" vibe is quite off-putting to say the least. In this thread, you are currently debating with phillyesq (an attorney) and shawn (a doctor) and yet you still seem to be looking down upon them as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else in the room. There are a lot of intelligent people on this board (not to toot my own horn or anything, but I graduated from an Ivy League university myself), but most of us don't use a condescending attitude when dealing with others. We've had our share of "holier than thou" posters come through these parts...putting up with a "smarter than thou" poster (in his own mind, at least) also gets old quickly.

  4. #64
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In case you haven't figured it out by now (and judging by your continued posting style, you haven't), your "know-it-all" vibe is quite off-putting to say the least. In this thread, you are currently debating with phillyesq (an attorney) and shawn (a doctor) and yet you still seem to be looking down upon them as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else in the room. There are a lot of intelligent people on this board (not to toot my own horn or anything, but I graduated from an Ivy League university myself), but most of us don't use a condescending attitude when dealing with others. We've had our share of "holier than thou" posters come through these parts...putting up with a "smarter than thou" poster (in his own mind, at least) also gets old quickly.
    Wow. So innocent are we that we forget who got condescending and who was reactionary. I guess an Ivy League degree doesn't make one omnipotent. Instead of attacking the poster, refute the assertions, if you are capable. And I am sure you must be, since anyone bragging of an Ivy League degree is without fault. Soak in the irony; those who have made ad hominem attacks, unwarranted, in the past, now complain of "condescending" attitudes. You are as pure as the white driven snow. Once again, I start an appropriate, on topic thread, and am not the one dealing with the personal attacks. Oh, and excuse me if I am to believe that MDs and lawyers are the foremost authorities in NFL training and conditioning. Oh wait, they aren't. Nor are "Ivy League grads." So take your "I am an Ivy League grad, so I am smarter than everyone" attitude and ride a pony.

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    OK, response from a bro in the upper end training industry (D1 college, pro football). If Pgh IS having their players lift heavy during the season, then they are not the norm.


    In a nutshell, there is more focus on bar speed (explosiveness) than poundages. It's all formulated though. Using bands and chains, they go percentages. Waves vary from 50% to 70%, sometimes lower. There will be an occasional phase of heavy 1 rep maxes, but it is rare. I just forwarded you our latest newsletter that explains the primary methods. I actually wrote that part of it for XXX, so I'm ready for your critique.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 02-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.

  6. #66
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,144
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wow. So innocent are we that we forget who got condescending and who was reactionary. I guess an Ivy League degree doesn't make one omnipotent. Instead of attacking the poster, refute the assertions, if you are capable. And I am sure you must be, since anyone bragging of an Ivy League degree is without fault. Soak in the irony; those who have made ad hominem attacks, unwarranted, in the past, now complain of "condescending" attitudes. You are as pure as the white driven snow. Once again, I start an appropriate, on topic thread, and am not the one dealing with the personal attacks. Oh, and excuse me if I am to believe that MDs and lawyers are the foremost authorities in NFL training and conditioning. Oh wait, they aren't. Nor are "Ivy League grads." So take your "I am an Ivy League grad, so I am smarter than everyone" attitude and ride a pony.
    You would really enjoy the discourse on this board if you wouldn't turn everything into a personal attack. I've been on this board and the previous board many of us participated on for nearly 7 years. I have to honestly say I have never come across another poster who seems so determined to turn everything into a personal affront as you do.

    Lighten up and when people don't agree with you just move on, state what you believe, stay consistent in your message if you really believe it and don't take it personal. Trust me more than a few don't agree with me but I could really care less and I don't go into attack mode whenever they attack me for having a different opinion as several frequently do. Life is too short for that nonsense.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-11-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #67
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In case you haven't figured it out by now (and judging by your continued posting style, you haven't), your "know-it-all" vibe is quite off-putting to say the least. In this thread, you are currently debating with phillyesq (an attorney) and shawn (a doctor) and yet you still seem to be looking down upon them as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else in the room. There are a lot of intelligent people on this board (not to toot my own horn or anything, but I graduated from an Ivy League university myself), but most of us don't use a condescending attitude when dealing with others. We've had our share of "holier than thou" posters come through these parts...putting up with a "smarter than thou" poster (in his own mind, at least) also gets old quickly.

    I do not purport to be an expert. You do. I find it quite comical that somebody with no apparent expertise jumps to conclusions that the Steelers must not only be doing certain types of exercises, but that those exercises must be wrong.
    I asked the poster when I EVER claimed to be an expert. He had no reply.

    I have no idea what your qualifications are but I'm pretty sure that the Steelers have a professional training staff.
    Purposeful condensation.

    Only those with truly nothing to boast about use this line. Insecure much?
    Inflammatory.

    Funny how the guy that claims to be in on the Steelers training is the one asking why the Steelers suffer 'all these injuries- maybe it's due to training?'.

    Dude- maybe it's you?
    Focused on attacking poster instead of discussing the original point.

    True, she could be the sanitary bin cleaner... or the overpaid janitor.

    Hadn't considered those options.
    Inflammatory, for no apparent reason.

    What are your qualifications? Did you buy P90x? Please share. And thanks for the comic relief.
    Combative. Unnecessary.

    hemorrhoids, errrr lyodroid will clear all this up when he gets home from school.

    5th grade is tough y'all.
    Pure ad hominem attacks, prohibited by stated board rules.

    So I have a question: Why is it when others turn to ad hominem attacks, it's just over looked? But if I even respond to said attacks, I am the one stirring stuff up? I think it's safe to way there are some warped perceptions going on around here.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 02-11-2013 at 04:49 PM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    So I have a question: Why is it when others turn to ad hominem attacks, it's just over looked? But if I even respond to said attacks, I am the one stirring stuff up? I think it's safe to way there are some warped perceptions going on around here.
    There are some warped perceptions here, but use common sense...

    If everyone seems to have a problem with you, perhaps it is not everyone else who is causing the problem...

    Please examine closely whose perceptions may be warped...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    We have ALL lamented over our OL injuries. but I want to know why; why do our OLmen regularly fall down to injury?
    Because they fall backwards instead of forwards.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  10. #70
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Because they fall backwards instead of forwards.
    Now, this is funny. And poignant.

    I do so enjoy relationships with many on this board based on mutual interests.
    Never really wanted a debate school forum. I imagine one of those could be found elsewhere.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •