Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: The Pittsburgh Steelers have Expressed Interest in CFL OL Jovan Olafioye

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,765

    The Pittsburgh Steelers have Expressed Interest in CFL OL Jovan Olafioye

    The Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in Jovan Olafioye an offensive lineman from the Canadian Football League.

    Olafioye has played the last three seasons with the B.C. Lions. Olafioye was the best offensive lineman in the CFL in 2012 and is hoping to make an NFL roster in 2013.

    Olafioye has the ability to play both offensive tackle positions. He went unstaffed out of North Carolina Central and signed with the Lions of the CFL.

    Fifteen teams have worked out Olafioye, but according to KFFL the Steelers have interest in signing him.

    The Steelers have Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, and Kelvin Beachum who can all play tackle, but they will lose Max Starks this off-season.

    Olafioye is only 25 so he is equal to an older draft pick, but he already has three years of Pro Football experience.

    He also possess tremendous size and is listed at 66″ and 325 pounds.

    If the Steelers sign him they will have fewer holes to fill on the offensive line. Olafioye could also fight for a starting job if he is as good as advertised.

    http://steelblitz.com/the-pittsburgh...568/2013/02/06

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in Jovan Olafioye an offensive lineman from the Canadian Football League.

    Olafioye has played the last three seasons with the B.C. Lions. Olafioye was the best offensive lineman in the CFL in 2012 and is hoping to make an NFL roster in 2013.

    Olafioye has the ability to play both offensive tackle positions. He went unstaffed out of North Carolina Central and signed with the Lions of the CFL.

    Fifteen teams have worked out Olafioye, but according to KFFL the Steelers have interest in signing him.

    The Steelers have Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, and Kelvin Beachum who can all play tackle, but they will lose Max Starks this off-season.

    Olafioye is only 25 so he is equal to an older draft pick, but he already has three years of Pro Football experience.

    He also possess tremendous size and is listed at 6’6″ and 325 pounds.

    If the Steelers sign him they will have fewer holes to fill on the offensive line. Olafioye could also fight for a starting job if he is as good as advertised.

    http://steelblitz.com/the-pittsburgh...568/2013/02/06
    They had interest in him last year and he couldn't pass medicals. So he went back to the CFL.

    He was going to sign with Packers this year, but their medical staff wouldn't clear him. Take the damn risk.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...medical-staff/

    Jovan Olafioye was named the best offensive lineman in the CFL this season, raising his profile and helping him get a look from NFL teams for the second straight season.For the second straight season, medical issues have kept him from landing a contract. Olafioye was turned down by the Packers’ medical staff after they evaluated his medical records. At issue is medication Olafioye takes because of a family disposition toward high blood pressure, according to theMilwaukee Journal Sentinel. Olafioye actually signed a contract with the Rams last year before getting dinged in the physical because, per Olafioye, he’d stopped taking his medication.

    The good news is that Olafioye has other suitors. He says the Ravens and Steelers are among a half-dozen teams with interest and he also said that the Packers doctors thought that he’d wind up landing with an NFL team willing to take a bigger risk than they’re willing to take in Green Bay.
    “They’re sure I’ll be playing for somebody in the NFL this year,” said Olafioye. “That was encouraging. They said my situation is controllable but they didn’t want to take that risk. With their rules they can’t mess with my situation.”

    Given all the interest in CFL pass rushers, it makes sense that there would also be interest in guys that have been able to stop them. Now Olafioye just needs to find a way to convince someone his situation is worth messing with.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  3. #3
    What is his condition and what is the risk?

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Another story about another prospect who will never play a single down in a regular season game. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Former CFL OT Jovan Olafioye met with the Packers last Thursday
    Posted 16 hrs 20 mins ago via rotoworld.com

    Former CFL OT Jovan Olafioye met with the Packers last Thursday but was turned down by Green Bay's medical staff. Olafioye went through a similar charade last offseason, agreeing to a deal with the Rams before being released due to medical concerns stemming from hypertension.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Another story about another prospect who will never play a single down in a regular season game. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz
    Yeah, because no players ever come from the CFL to the NFL...

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yeah, because no players ever come from the CFL to the NFL...
    Umm, OK, Flutie, Moon, Garcia, Rocket......keep going. The CFL has been around since 1861. The NFL since 1920 or so. In all that time, how many CFL players successfully transitioned to the NFL since that time? How many players have played in the CFL since the NFL existed and how many ended up being successful in the NFL? What % made the NFL from CFL in that time period? Care to keep the sarcasm going or kind of drop the subject? LOL


  8. #8
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Another story about another prospect who will never play a single down in a regular season game. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz
    Another douchey reply from a guy on a message board no one likes. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Umm, OK, Flutie, Moon, Garcia, Rocket......keep going. The CFL has been around since 1861. The NFL since 1920 or so. In all that time, how many CFL players successfully transitioned to the NFL since that time? How many players have played in the CFL since the NFL existed and how many ended up being successful in the NFL? What % made the NFL from CFL in that time period? Care to keep the sarcasm going or kind of drop the subject? LOL

    Seen Cameron Wake much?? The guy the Pats signed is supposed to be pretty good.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Another douchey reply from a guy on a message board no one likes. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    You have broken board rules. You will be hearing from mods.

    If they are going to bother with board rules, they surely will enforce them.

    You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

    Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

    o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •