Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This free agency period could be crazy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I loved James in his prime, but last year he looked to me to always be a step slow, especially in coverage. I dont get where people say he was really coming on at the end cause he was finally getting healthy. I didn't see much difference. He made some plays but nothing extraordinary and he still usually was trailing whoever he was suppose to cover. I think it is time to let go of the past and move on.

Troy can still be that 'X' factor that the other team has to worry about for another year or two, IMHO.
    i think when people say he was coming on, they are referring to QB pressure. I wouldn't gauge my OLB's play on coverage skills over QB pressure.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    probably not a surprise, but I hope they find a way to sign Ramon Foster to a reasonable contract. His versatility at both OG spots and RT, combined with his durability are huge assets for this OL. I know he is much malingned here, but he has done a pretty damn good job everytime he has been called on. Plus, he justs plays with a nasty streak.

if the new OL coach believes he can fit his system, I think he is worth right around what Urbik got. It will be interesting to see what his value is.
    I don't believe he fits with what Haley and the new O-line coach desire. It has been reported that Haley wants a much more athletic line. Neither Foster nor Colon fits the bill.

However, Colon is more likely to stay than Foster due to cap reasons.

Foster is a decent power player, but cannot move in space and never gets to the second level.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    There is no money for FA's, the Steelers will try and sign their own players and then look at the draft for the rest.
    If they cannot re-sign Lewis, that will leave them a little bit of room for low level free agents with potential like Larry Grant. Grant will not command big dollars, but could have a big impact at MLB and on special teams.

They will restructure Taylor if they cannot sign Lewis to free up more room. If they sign Lewis, I agree with you 100%
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If they cut James and try and resign for vet minimum, I kind of hope he tests the market. That would be a slap in the face. Maybe they have to do it that way, but it's still a slap at a guy who has been a monster for this team and showed last year that, when healthy, he can still bring it. BTW- there's no reason to think he's not healthy now.
    There is no reason to think he will stay healthy. Back and knee problems at his age in sports tends to become chronic.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I don't believe he fits with what Haley and the new O-line coach desire. It has been reported that Haley wants a much more athletic line. Neither Foster nor Colon fits the bill.

However, Colon is more likely to stay than Foster due to cap reasons.

Foster is a decent power player, but cannot move in space and never gets to the second level.
    personally, I wouldn't waste another red cent on colon.

foster may not fit the new scheme, but there is nothing behind him as far as depth.

will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

personally, I wouldn't waste another red cent on colon.

foster may not fit the new scheme, but there is nothing behind him as far as depth.

will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Unfortunately is cost almost as much to get rid of Colon as it would to keep him. He may be a back-up tackle/guard vs. signing Foster to a contract.

Colon is the better player when healthy (I know...a big if).
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What do you guys see the following guys getting in FA....

RB Mike Goodson
    WR Derek Hagan
    QB Matt Moore
    QB Drew Stanton
    RB Legarette Blount
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If the Steelers had to pick between keeping Troy or James, who should they keep? Our defense played really well without Troy where the secondary played more of a straight coverage instead of having to adjust while Troy played a 5th LB spot. The pass rush struggled without James. I think I would choose to keep Harrison.
    For what they cost for how much they play and how old they are...both need cut. Time for a youth movement.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

probably not a surprise, but I hope they find a way to sign Ramon Foster to a reasonable contract. His versatility at both OG spots and RT, combined with his durability are huge assets for this OL. I know he is much malingned here, but he has done a pretty damn good job everytime he has been called on. Plus, he justs plays with a nasty streak.

if the new OL coach believes he can fit his system, I think he is worth right around what Urbik got. It will be interesting to see what his value is.
    I would love for them to resign Foster as a backup. The problem is Foster considers himself, and rightly so, a starter. He has started the majority of the games for the last 2 years. He wants starter money and to play for a team that considers him a starter. I don't think the Steelers fit into either of those categories.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    My favorite free agent right now is Keenan Lewis and James Harrison. I hope the Steelers can find a way to sign both to contracts to eliminate CB and OLB as potential first round draft options and maybe find that physical receiver that will fight for the ball or a TE that isn't an extra tackle that can be paired with Heath Miller.

Pappy
    I agree with you 100% Pappy.