Thread: This free agency period could be crazy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree with you it will be a two year process. They will have lots of compensatory picks next year and possibly one as high as the third round. The Cap is supposed to finally jump up quite a bit in 2014 after being flat for 2 years. That would allow them a lot of flexibility in 2014.

A quick comment on the Ravens. For 6 years they have had a top tier QB on the cheap. That ends starting in 2013.

I hope they have fun trying to build a championship roster having to pay Flacco top QB money. They will likely have to pay Flacco 20 million dollars in the form of an exclusive franchise tag this year and it will damage their roster.
    This is why I was hoping for a Ravens win. SB Winning QB, who won MVP and has made the playoffs every year of his career (with at least 1 win / year). He will get PAID and it should hurt the Ravens cap wise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is why I was hoping for a Ravens win. SB Winning QB, who won MVP and has made the playoffs every year of his career (with at least 1 win / year). He will get PAID and it should hurt the Ravens cap wise.
    no disrespect but that's a pathetic way to compete with the Ravens...

was this the same plan they used on us? Just let age catch up to us and then go on a run when we hit rock bottom? Yes, I think a .500 year is rock bottom