Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Roster, 2006-2007

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's probably 4 or 5 too many.
    Agreed. I figure that Casey Hampton and Willie Colon are gone for sure. Larry Foote, Max Starks are close behind, although I'd like to see Max stick around for at least one more year. And James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Brett Keisal and Ryan Clark are likely in their last season or two, assuming neither Harrison or Polamalu get cut for cap purposes.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Didn't the Steelers go 6-10 with that roster?
    My apologies...the Steelers went 8-8 with that roster...6-10 was the 2003 season...

Though, I'd like to see the similarities between the 2003 and 2006 rosters as well...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    What do you call unstoppable 1SB win in 15 years. 4AFCC choke jobs oh ok Lmao.
    They weren't by any means the STRONGEST team in the NFL during that timeframe... however, they were much more efficient than they are now at stopping the ball defensively. During that time, preventable turnovers and weak offensive play decisions kept them from the SB.... it was such a knife in the side to watch the Steelers lose to inferior teams because of careless passing and turnovers due to ineffective running plays. All I'm saying is that the Steelers would play hard and dominate only to revert back to HS play tactics at the flip of a switch. There really wasn't any consistency, but they definitely showed that they were capable. Now, the Steelers are playing poorly and show no capacity to dominate anything.... there needs to be a lineup shuffle - and quick. What do you think of Tomlin? Stay or go?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Careless passing, turnovers and ineffective running are the same reasons the 2012 Steelers were 8-8...