Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn's Mock filled with homerism

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn's Mock filled with homerism

Round 1- Johnathan Hankins-tOSU-NT 6 foot 3 320 pounds, Huge, strong, crazy quick feet, fast for a big guy. He commands double teams and has enough athletic ability to chase running backs sideline to sideline like a linebacker. He can even drop into coverage. This guy is just an athletic freak of nature and one of the best DT’s in tOSU history. He is a man amongst boys game changer and well worth pick 17.

Round 2- Joseph Randle-RB Okie State, 6 foot 200 pounds, I watched a lot of film on this years running backs. I don’t believe we can go another season without a playmaker in the backfield. After watching much lack luster film, I came across Joseph Randle and loved the way this guy ran the ball. I believe him to be the most complete back in the draft. While a bit lanky, he runs with authority, speed, vision and is a force in the passing game. He has break away ability and ability to run between the tackles. I am really excited about this guy.

Round 3- TJ McDonald-SS-USC, this safety was a first round talent last season and made the mistake of coming out in a year with a much stronger safety class. The safeties are deep this year and we should be able to get a quality starter in rounds 2-4. TJ is a complete safety, solid tackler, solid in coverage playing against the best talent in the nation.

Round 4- Da'Rick Rogers-WR-Tenn Tech-6 foot 3-Ben gets his big WR. Ok, I know what you are thinking, the guy is a trouble maker, “druggie” or whatever. I say this guy is a legit first round talent, who loves the game of football and plays with passion. If he get his head on straight he has the ability to be a force in the NFL. While he isn’t blazing fast, but he has very soft hands, knows how to use his frame, and runs hard for YAC. He reminds me a lot of Kenny Britt.

Round 5-Zach Boren-ILB-tOSU-Not sure I have been this excited about an inside linebacker in a long time. From a talent perspective I believe Boren should be a second rounder. He played full back his entire career until an injury gave him an opportunity to try out at ILB. He was an instant force in an unfamiliar position. The guy is a beast, able to take on OLmen, sort through trash with ease, has terrific vision and a nose for the ball. The guy is a playmaker and a traditional thumper…a perfect complement to Timmons.

Round 6-Robert Alford-DB SE Louisiana-5 foot 11 185 pounds of pure athleticism. Quick, nifty, ball hawk…instant help in the return game. I suspect he will run 4.3-4.4 at the combines.

Round 7- Jake Stoneburner-TE-tOSU-As an OSU homer you knew my first mock would be heavy on the Buckeyes. With that said, Stoneburner is one of my favorite players. While I don’t believe him to ever have been used to his ability…never quite shown what he is capable of doing…he has hands speed and height. His blocking is adequate. He could be an x-factor in the passing game…slim him down and he could play wideout. He is certainly worth a shot in round seven
    Last edited by Shawn; 02-04-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Rookie

User Info Menu

give me a olb at 3,and a safety at 5 and i love this draft,Stoneburner was underutilized at OSU,think whoever takes this kid is gonna get a steal in the 6th or 7th,hope its us!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    outstanding
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Round 1- Johnathan Hankins-tOSU-NT 6 foot 3 320 pounds, Huge, strong, crazy quick feet, fast for a big guy. He commands double teams and has enough athletic ability to chase running backs sideline to sideline like a linebacker. He can even drop into coverage. This guy is just an athletic freak of nature and one of the best DT’s in tOSU history. He is a man amongst boys game changer and well worth pick 17.

Round 2- Joseph Randle-RB Okie State, 6 foot 200 pounds, I watched a lot of film on this years running backs. I don’t believe we can go another season without a playmaker in the backfield. After watching much lack luster film, I came across Joseph Randle and loved the way this guy ran the ball. I believe him to be the most complete back in the draft. While a bit lanky, he runs with authority, speed, vision and is a force in the passing game. He has break away ability and ability to run between the tackles. I am really excited about this guy.

Round 3- TJ McDonald-SS-USC, this safety was a first round talent last season and made the mistake of coming out in a year with a much stronger safety class. The safeties are deep this year and we should be able to get a quality starter in rounds 2-4. TJ is a complete safety, solid tackler, solid in coverage playing against the best talent in the nation.

Round 4- Da'Rick Rogers-WR-Tenn Tech-6 foot 3-Ben gets his big WR. Ok, I know what you are thinking, the guy is a trouble maker, “druggie” or whatever. I say this guy is a legit first round talent, who loves the game of football and plays with passion. If he get his head on straight he has the ability to be a force in the NFL. While he isn’t blazing fast, but he has very soft hands, knows how to use his frame, and runs hard for YAC. He reminds me a lot of Kenny Britt.

Round 5-Zach Boren-ILB-tOSU-Not sure I have been this excited about an inside linebacker in a long time. From a talent perspective I believe Boren should be a second rounder. He played full back his entire career until an injury gave him an opportunity to try out at ILB. He was an instant force in an unfamiliar position. The guy is a beast, able to take on OLmen, sort through trash with ease, has terrific vision and a nose for the ball. The guy is a playmaker and a traditional thumper…a perfect complement to Timmons.

Round 6-Robert Alford-DB SE Louisiana-5 foot 11 185 pounds of pure athleticism. Quick, nifty, ball hawk…instant help in the return game. I suspect he will run 4.3-4.4 at the combines.

Round 7- Jake Stoneburner-TE-tOSU-As an OSU homer you knew my first mock would be heavy on the Buckeyes. With that said, Stoneburner is one of my favorite players. While I don’t believe him to ever have been used to his ability…never quite shown what he is capable of doing…he has hands speed and height. His blocking is adequate. He could be an x-factor in the passing game…slim him down and he could play wideout. He is certainly worth a shot in round seven
    Shawn you know I like Hankins as I expressed this early in this past college season to you but when I look over your draft I see two players, Hankins and McDonald, who both have a ton of physical ability however both seemed to have had down years play-wise. Then there is Da'Rick Rogers who comes with baggage/character issues. As a result not so sure you hit a home run on this one but maybe a stand-up double? A long single off the wall? A little duck-snort over the second baseman's head?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hankins had a down year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Hankins had a down year?
    Yes he did. Down from the previous year and not quite as much as was expected from him this year.

55 Tackles 4 TFL's and 1 sack compared to 67 tackles 11 TFL'S and 3 sacks the year before. I think anyone who watched him would say as gifted as he is to only have 4 TFL's this past year is a little less than many expected.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes he did. Down from the previous year and not quite as much as was expected from him this year.

55 Tackles 4 TFL's and 1 sack compared to 67 tackles 11 TFL'S and 3 sacks the year before. I think anyone who watched him would say as gifted as he is to only have 4 TFL's this past year is a little less than many expected.
    Ah...I didn't realize it was simply a box score/stat thing...

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers came away from Draft Weekend with Hankins, Randle & Rogers- Chadman would be ecstatic.

The rest are ok, but those 3 are great.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ah...I didn't realize it was simply a box score/stat thing...
    Well yeah I get it, he does a lot for that defense but come on, as big and as dominate as he is physically do you not want to see more than 4 splash plays in the opponents backfield all year? Do you not think that from the year before he had a down year? And that more was expected out of him? Very pedestrian like numbers for him.