Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lions Cut Titus Young. Do you take a chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Signed with the Rams.
    Bet he is successful.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bet he is successful.
    I think it's more likely he finds himself back on the waiver wire within a year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I keep finding more and more reasons to be embarrassed by my fellow fans. The Steelers have too goddamn many head cases as it is. What better way to solve this problem than by signing another one! It's like the president solving the budget deficit problem by enacting more expensive legislation.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I keep finding more and more reasons to be embarrassed by my fellow fans. The Steelers have too goddamn many head cases as it is. What better way to solve this problem than by signing another one! It's like the president solving the budget deficit problem by enacting more expensive legislation.
    Not quite. The president can't do that because the congress refuses to pass any kind of legislation...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not quite. The president can't do that because the congress refuses to pass any kind of legislation...
    I was talking more about his first two years in office, but whatever.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Head case is right. He'd recently been telling people he is better than Calvin Johnson.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136343/article/titus-young-reportedly-says-hes-better-than-megatron[/url]

Maybe if he gets some mental help, he can be salvaged...
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 02-06-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think it's more likely he finds himself back on the waiver wire within a year.
    I agree. We wasn't that good when he was playing with a QB who threw for 5000 yards opposite Calvin Johnson. I don't think going to the Rams will help him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Head case is right. He'd recently been telling people he is better than Calvin Johnson.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136343/article/titus-young-reportedly-says-hes-better-than-megatron[/URL]

Maybe if he gets some mental help, he can be salvaged...
    Well, he may be better than Calvin Johnson but is he better than Mike Wallace? That is the question according to Mike Wallace's team.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bet he is successful.
    I'll take that bet...

Report: Titus Young arrested twice

Updated: May 7, 2013
    ESPN.com news services

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour span Sunday, according to an Oakland (Mich.) Press report.

Young was pulled over at 12:01 a.m. Sunday in southern California after making an illegal left turn, according to the police report. Young was then arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, booked by the Moreno Valley Police at the Robert Presley Detention Center, issued a citation and later released.

At 2:22 p.m. that same afternoon, officers responded to a local tow yard after a man was seen climbing over a fence. The man turned out to be Young, who said he was looking for his impounded black Mustang.

Young was then arrested for burglary and booked again at the same detention center.

The Lions waived the troubled Young on Feb. 4. Young, a second-round draft pick in 2011, was disciplined multiple times last season.

He was told to stay away from the Lions' facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

During his time with Detroit, Young also was sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams but ultimately released 10 days later.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9252657/titus-young-arrested-twice-15-hour-span-according-report[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'll take that bet...

Report: Titus Young arrested twice

Updated: May 7, 2013
    ESPN.com news services

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour span Sunday, according to an Oakland (Mich.) Press report.

Young was pulled over at 12:01 a.m. Sunday in southern California after making an illegal left turn, according to the police report. Young was then arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, booked by the Moreno Valley Police at the Robert Presley Detention Center, issued a citation and later released.

At 2:22 p.m. that same afternoon, officers responded to a local tow yard after a man was seen climbing over a fence. The man turned out to be Young, who said he was looking for his impounded black Mustang.

Young was then arrested for burglary and booked again at the same detention center.

The Lions waived the troubled Young on Feb. 4. Young, a second-round draft pick in 2011, was disciplined multiple times last season.

He was told to stay away from the Lions' facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

During his time with Detroit, Young also was sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams but ultimately released 10 days later.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9252657/titus-young-arrested-twice-15-hour-span-according-report[/URL]

I live in Boise......No you do not want this clown.

He was a punk in college too, was supended for most of a season and was ALMOST kicked off the team.
    Second chances is one thing, but at some point you have to say "he is what he is".

Mistakes are one thing, but this dude has character flaws that go to the core of his being.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher