Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lions Cut Titus Young. Do you take a chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I live in Boise......No you do not want this clown.

He was a punk in college too, was supended for most of a season and was ALMOST kicked off the team.
    Second chances is one thing, but at some point you have to say "he is what he is".

Mistakes are one thing, but this dude has character flaws that go to the core of his being.
    yup...

Titus Young’s high school coach thinks WR needs professional help

By Steve DelVecchio May 8, 2013

Titus Young has had an incredibly disappointing NFL career to this point, but he may have hit rock bottom earlier this week when he was arrested twice in a 15-hour span. The former Boise State star found it impossible to stay out of trouble on the field with the Detroit Lions, and that has now spilled over into his personal life.

Young’s former high school coach, EC Robinson, told the Detroit Free Press on Tuesday that he has not spoken to Young since March but could have seen this coming.

“Based on the last time I did see him, I knew unless he got some help there was going to be some issues, and I told him that, too,” Robinson said. “And I thought maybe since I hadn’t heard anything from him he was in some institute getting some help. That’s what I just figured. But I know the last time I saw him, I was just shocked the stage he was in at that time.”

When your old coach assumes you got some sort of institutionalized help based on the conversations he had with you, something is very, very wrong. Robinson also said he hopes Young focuses on getting his life straightened out instead of worrying about football.

“He was talking some things that just didn’t make sense,” he said. “I don’t know, I just wish he’d get some help. I know football is probably out of the question, right now it’s trying to get his life together.”

Whether it be punching a teammate, headbutting an opponent or sabotaging his own offense, Young has done plenty of things that lead us to believe he has some deep-rooted issues that require serious attention. The words of his former coach merely confirm that.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/titus_youngs_high_school_coach_thinks_wr_needs_pro fessional_help/13577237?linksrc=home_rg_head_13577237[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

living in lions country, i had to laugh when i heard all the hype from the lions fans(my bros-in-law) about what a great draft pick this guy was. i remember telling them that the guy was a POS and shouldnt have been drafted as high as he was. a franchise like the lions cant afford to continue to take questionable guys with their draft picks if they ever want to be taken seriously in the nfl. he wouldnt listen. now what?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    living in lions country, i had to laugh when i heard all the hype from the lions fans(my bros-in-law) about what a great draft pick this guy was. i remember telling them that the guy was a POS and shouldnt have been drafted as high as he was. a franchise like the lions cant afford to continue to take questionable guys with their draft picks if they ever want to be taken seriously in the nfl. he wouldnt listen. now what?
    Aren't you being a little tough on the S, equating it to him ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Aren't you being a little tough on the S, equating it to him ?

my apologies to sh!t

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bet he is successful.
    lol.. how much?

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah, let's sign this guy...

Titus Young arrested again

Updated: May 12, 2013
    ESPN.com news services

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. -- Authorities say former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested in California for the third time in a week.

Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Joe Balicki says the 23-year-old Young was arrested late Friday in San Clemente for allegedly breaking into a home.

Balicki says Young fought with deputies after a foot chase. He has been charged with attempted burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. He is in custody Sunday on $75,000 bail.

"There was a brief struggle," Balicki said, according to the Detroit News. "He wanted to fight with the deputies. They ended up subduing him."

Young also was arrested last Sunday in Riverside County on suspicion of driving under the influence, then was arrested again the same day for trying to take his car from a tow yard.

The Lions waived the troubled Young on Feb. 4. A second-round draft pick in 2011, Young was disciplined multiple times last season and was told to stay away from the Lions' facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

During his time with Detroit, Young also was sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams but ultimately released 10 days later.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9267427/ex-detroit-lions-receiver-titus-young-arrested-third-week[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

obvious he is bi-polar and/or on drugs....

He will be dead by the end of the year if he doesn't get help.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow ! I can't believe that anyone would want him on their team at this point. Good luck to him with fighting against whatever problem is that he may have. Sounds more than just the young man with a super star ego. I would guess we all ran into people like him in our days and to fuel them with money, stardom can really can place a person over the top with even more troubles. Does anyone still want him on our team ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    obvious he is bi-polar and/or on drugs....

He will be dead by the end of the year if he doesn't get help.
    Seems like he needs committed for observation. His behavior is classic schizophrenic. I'm sure he will be able to hire a lawyer and sue the NFL because he never knew you could get hurt playing football.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Wow ! I can't believe that anyone would want him on their team at this point. Good luck to him with fighting against whatever problem is that he may have. Sounds more than just the young man with a super star ego. I would guess we all ran into people like him in our days and to fuel them with money, stardom can really can place a person over the top with even more troubles. Does anyone still want him on our team ?
    I don't think ego has anything to do with his behavior...

His latest mug shot looks like a guy on the pipe or off his meds...

A coach said he was talking crazy, paranoid, not making any sense...

Sadly.. he reminds me of a cousin of mine. Gifted athlete on the basketball court but in civilian clothing he was a headcase.