Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mjd

Backup

User Info Menu

Mjd

I love this guy...Marice Jones Drew. He's like Bettis with the Rams was unappreciated. He is tough and physical and just needs a new home.
    Why not sign wallace for 11-13 million a year and trade him to Jags for this guy. MJD only makes about 4 milion a year. We then offer MJD a new contract for what we offered Wallace which was 10 million a year. Throw in a few extra because of his RB title. Thoughts, Can this happen?
    Last edited by legend of polamalu; 02-04-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any word on his prognosis after having foot surgery that limited him to only 5 or 6 games this year? Can't have a bum wheel in his position.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you sign a guy, and then trade him, the entire amount of his signing bonus becomes accelerated onto this year's cap.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If you sign a guy, and then trade him, the entire amount of his signing bonus becomes accelerated onto this year's cap.
    As much as I'd like to see Wallace go to a crap team like the Jaguars, Ruthless hits the nail on the head as to why it won't ever happen. Besides MJD may be damaged goods.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Aside from the fact that we can't do a sign-and-trade with him, I'm not sure how much tread is left on his tires. Two years ago I'd jump at the chance, but not so sure as he returns from injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

MJD also held out this year despite being under contract. If we're going to hang Wallace for that offense, the same should apply to MJD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    MJD also held out this year despite being under contract. If we're going to hang Wallace for that offense, the same should apply to MJD.
    MJD was worse. He was under contract. Wallace was not under contract.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    MJD was worse. He was under contract. Wallace was not under contract.
    Wallace was not under contract? Yes he was. Fo wheel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace was tendered a contract.
    ten·der 2(tndr)n.1. A formal offer, as:a. Law An offer of money or service in payment of an obligation.
    b. A written offer to contract goods or services at a specified cost or rate; a bid.

2. Something, especially money, offered in payment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wallace was not under contract? Yes he was. Fo wheel.
    Wallace was a FA.