Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shawn's Mock filled with homerism

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shawn,
    While your mock is pretty good, I would have second thoughts about Hankins. JMO, but I think either Jessie Williams or Jenkins would be better at NT.

Weaknesses: Hankins relies too much on his upper-body strength at times and needs to play with consistent leverage. He uses his body too much and needs to consistently utilize his hands and limbs.

Hankins doesn't always play smart with several penalties on his resume, including a late hit on the quarterback (vs. Michigan State in 2012). He tends to wear down throughout the course of a game and give streaky effort, looking fatigued and noticeably taking plays off.

We can't afford a Dwyer at NT, looking to come out because of fatigue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Nice Shawn. McShay's latest mock also has Hankins to the Steelers at 17.
    McShay sucks, so by way of the transitive property, Shawn's mock now sucks too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    We can't afford a Dwyer at NT, looking to come out because of fatigue.
    Nose tackles are only 2 down players in the NFL nowadays. Even Dwyer can play 2 downs in a row.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Nose tackles are only 2 down players in the NFL nowadays. Even Dwyer can play 2 downs in a row.
    Yep!! That is a big reason why I am not a big fan of drafting one at number 17. Unless he is a Hiloti Ngata type, or for this year Star Lotulelei, who can play over the nose and also kick outside to DE and play 3 downs, I'd prefer to go a different route.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash