Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game SB interviews revealed why Ravens are better: chemistry

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Post game SB interviews revealed why Ravens are better: chemistry

It wasn't an act. They weren't saying it just to say it. The Ravens, to a man, kept saying that they honestly loved each other, that the players and coaches all had each others' backs. To a man, with every question asked, what was revealed was that the team truly and immensely were brothers. No matter what questions were asked, no matter how directed to the person, not the team, they all answered in a team fashion.

The last few SB years, the Steelers had such unity. Last, and other recent disappointing seasons, they did not. It was obvious last year that some players were ticked off and bad apples. And, with Ben himself, it doesn't appear all the players are on board with him either.

If they don't get team unity fixed, they won't make any noise. Unity and chemistry is a must. Losing the Wards, Smiths, Farrriors has left us with hole in leadership and chemistry. If they don't fix that, nothing else will matter. And with Ben being an immature child, someone else is going to have to make this happen. I don't see an easy fix.

Legend

User Info Menu

When you talk about Leadership there's a concept called the lid. Basically, leadership is the "lid" that determines a person's level of effectiveness. The higher the ability to lead, the higher their potential will be. Maybe Ben's lid has been overestimated. Maybe he's got freakish talents (as well as size and the ability to endure pain & punishment) but the Steelers need to determine who will really step up and lead this team. Who can rally the troops to be at their best? Deal with guys being stupid. Call people out if needed. Everyone knows Ben is not going anywhere, anytime soon, but is that enough to truly follow?

I'd love to see him and Haley spending the offseason with a singular purpose in mind - make this offense a machine. Work together and energize this team such that losing is not an option.

I want ben giving the "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" speech and the team doesn't stop him because "he's on a roll!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The owner who brought the team to Baltimore died.

The sole face of the franchise annouced he's retiring after 17 seasons.

A former player who now works in the front office was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease and now gives the team motivational speeches from a mechanical talking wheelchair like Steven Hawking.

Their former defensive coordinator from just last season, was diagnosed with leukemia shortly after starting his first year as a head coach.

Think having all of these things happening to the Ravens in one season had just a teensy bit to do with their "Win one for this Gipper, and that Gipper, and don't forget the other Gipper over there" mentality?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think there's a lot to having a "why" to things that you do. The talent level in the NFL is very close. All of these guys are the cream of the crop and have been their whole athletic lives. The thing that can get people over talent is the will to win. This year, they were clearly inspired after all the things Ruthless cited above.

Legend

User Info Menu

And here I thought the "chemistry" referred to in the title of this thread had to do with extract made from deer antlers or something like that...
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 02-05-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

It wasn't an act.
    Everything Ray Lewis does is an act.

Chemistry plays it's part. That's for sure. It's not the biggest difference between the Ravens & say, the Steelers...but it plays it's part.

If we want to lay the blame on the Steelers woes on 'chemistry'- what was the single most 'chemistry-destroying' moment in the 2012 season?

Give you a hint- it has nothing to do with Ben, Wallace, Woodley or Mendenhall.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Chemistry plays it's part. That's for sure. It's not the biggest difference between the Ravens & say, the Steelers...but it plays it's part.

If we want to lay the blame on the Steelers woes on 'chemistry'- what was the single most 'chemistry-destroying' moment in the 2012 season?

The Bruce Arians fiasco and to a degree Art II meddling, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO chemistry is the RESULT of success, not the CAUSE of success.

It's easy to "love" each other when you're winning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Can't be firing Arians, because three of the four you mentioned played under Arians. I'd have to guess the answer to your question is Tomlin firing the STs coach...that had nothing to do with Ben, Wallace, Woodley, or Mendenhall since none of them were playing STs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Can't be firing Arians, because three of the four you mentioned played under Arians. I'd have to guess the answer to your question is Tomlin firing the STs coach...that had nothing to do with Ben, Wallace, Woodley, or Mendenhall since none of them were playing STs.
    Dammit.....dammit, dammit, dammit...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S